GTR Forum banner

Why for god sake why the hell ooohhh why why why why????

• Hell yeah every thing over 22inch is the nuts!!!!

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • Yeah why not 20-22inch if you just drive it to work everyday.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • 20inch must be OK, even if you like to drive sporty

Votes: 7 3.9%
  • 19 inch is the max and more doesn`t make sense GTR=racetrack

Votes: 74 41.3%
  • 18inch all the way, the fastest R34 GTRs run 18inch

Votes: 86 48.0%
  • I like old school and drive my R34 with 13inch wheels and lots of rubber.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • I don`t care as I drive a red beetle with the tomato colored interior and no carbon.(-.^)

Votes: 4 2.2%
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
6,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have been to a restaurant yesterday and a black R34 GTR showed up, had the Nismo bodykit.
Immediately thought how great this car looks, as it looked very low down at the tires in the arches, but then the front bumper wasn`t exactly touching the ground. The wheels were very large, probably spacers used.

When coming out from the restaurant, was dark, I allowed my self to check the wheels and size . . . GOOOOOD LORD! 22inch wheels on a R34 GTR.!!:chairshot:clap::runaway:
The wheels were Aigo STNs if I looked well.

So yeah, you won`t get big times on a race track with this, but who cares if you just drive it (like here in japan) from one red light to another . .still goes forward very well and really . .that looked god damn awsome.:clap:

Discuss.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
sorrt thrust thats just how i feel about bling bling , if you want bling bling dont buy a gtr:chairshot

·
Registered
423 Posts
i have 19s on my r34, suits me fine as i only use it for road,i prefer to have the bumper far off the ground nice and high,my s14 was very low and a pig to drive, got sick of it catching on everything

19s arent much of a step up from the stock 18s,
19s are the limit for me

·
Banned
686 Posts
When i was buying my Gtr i noticed this

Quite a few had aftermarket wheels.
Yes a car serves a purpose dont go and defy the laws of physics.
You cant go and try do a fast and furious big sound system and undercar lighting, and Big wheels all in the name of what looks.
A car that goes fast needs to be light and needs to look good yes but most cars a saw on the japanese auctions had 19" wheels BBS i think with a gold center and silver rim.
That goes with out saying that a car is built with a certain wheel in mind.
Its like putting a starlet Gt on 18 inch wheels and slaming it, you will have one very slow car that handles well but is slow.
I would go 19" max but would rather get a nice offset wheel thats stock rolling 18"
A good wheel doesnt need a massive size.
it just needs a good offset.

·
6,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i have 19s on my r34, suits me fine as i only use it for road,i prefer to have the bumper far off the ground nice and high,my s14 was very low and a pig to drive, got sick of it catching on everything

19s arent much of a step up from the stock 18s,
19s are the limit for me
Thanks for the input mugen,
so you are using your car for the road only, so what would 20" take off from the drivability of you car, considering everyday use?

I think that for all thoses who not daily or often hit country side roads and push the cars in a manner that they would need the handling stability of max 19" rims, could easy run on 20" . . . looks just better in my opinion. Also do you get more clearance on the front bumper as your car will be higher on such wheel sizes, while looking plain in the wheel arches.

I searched about the black GTR on the japanese net, but found no blog or entry. Thought while searching for the Aigo wheels I found the same 22" sized wheels on a Nissan Fuga:
(looked about like that and that is far from gangster lowdown air sus yo man style):

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,199 Posts
so you are using your car for the road only, so what would 20" take off from the drivability of you car, considering everyday use?
If you've never driven a car on oversized rims with super-low (TM) suspension they really aren't fun to drive, especially round town. You end up crashing over speed bumps and pot-holes. Every pebble in the road is transmitted into your spine.

·
Registered
2,580 Posts

I think that for all thoses who not daily or often hit country side roads and push the cars in a manner that they would need the handling stability of max 19" rims, could easy run on 20" . . . looks just better in my opinion. Also do you get more clearance on the front bumper as your car will be higher on such wheel sizes, while looking plain in the wheel arches.
mr mugen:wavey: has my old car:bawling: Picture of it on the 19's here:

I used the car as a daily driver through the back roads of deepest Dorset & a couple of times on the track & never had any issues:)

Dave:)

·
Registered
423 Posts
an awesome machine it is too :bowdown1: very happy with it

gtrlux,i suppose 20's wouldnt effect the way i use the car but i dont know of any style 20 i would fit, there all a bit too flashy looking for me and would look too big , also tyres would be a bit more expensive

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Have voted for 19" as thats what i have just fitted. I am keeping the standard wheels for any trackdays etc i might do.

With the 19's i have lost no drivability and gained in looks.

·
Registered
31 Posts
yeah i can see you've got elastic bands for tires :)

No it looks pretty cool actually, where did you get the graphics done?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts