GTR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
ok with the end of year fast approaching and with that increase in vat.

How many guys interested in AP GB ?

we have loads in UK stock so not a case of taking your money and then ordering :p

UK AP retail is £750 + vat

will do 15% discount for people who put name down, will let gb run for a few weeks

Multpl threads on forums about ap, don't need me to say much more
I'm definitely on for one, particularly if I can get one at such a great price. All the great info and feedback above, capped by the article just published in Evo, make it a no-brainer really...

1. rblvjenkins

·
Registered
421 Posts
Car back from 6,000 mile service.

Downloaded and updated latest Accessport software (piece of cake) this afternoon, and 99 Octane map from Ben ready to go on this weekend, if it ever stops raining...

Feels like Christmas is coming early!

·
Registered
421 Posts
Installed Ben's 99 Octane map at 2.30pm this afternoon and told my wife I was going out for a quick drive.

It's now 5.20 and I just got back.

The car was brilliant before. Now I'm running out of superlatives. 3rd, 4th and 5th now have the sort of real, "Mike Tyson at his prime" punch and urge that 1st and 2nd always have done, and acceleration in 6th is noticeably improved.

As for installation, just follow the AP on-screen instructions. It really is that simple. Don't panic when the installation is taking place and you see all sorts of error readings on your car's display - just keep the faith while the Accessport is counting inexorably up to 100%, and then you're OFF! It really does only take 10 minutes.

Ben - you and your team truly are DA MEN (and women!)

johnhanton57 - if this is the dark side, I like it dark...

·
Registered
421 Posts
In case any of you need a reminder, this is what can happen to even a very experienced GT-R driver in the wet, with Cobb/GTC remap, worn Dunlops and (crucially) VDC OFF.
YouTube - Auto-Journals.com/Evo Mag's R35 GT-R in the wet

:runaway:

Yes, I was @rsing around, but that let go in 4th gear, about 3k and a quarter throttle! I only mess around like that at Bedford because there is loads of run-off (although that BRAKE board came pretty close...)

Take it easy in the wet.
Absolutely right.

I should have said AWAY rather than OFF in my post above!

IMHO, ANYONE who drives ANY R35 hard on a public road in the wet in OFF is certifiable, no matter what ECU map they have.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.