GTR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
968 Posts
Strange Fuel specs you guys have in UK. They are basically "commercial specs". Euro specs for gasoline are according to EN228 (and only these specs are valid if you make a claim to a petrol station for delivering bad gasoline, even in UK). The 2 specs currently known are 95 RON (which has a minimum MON of 85) and 98 (which has a minimum MON of 88) For these 2 the equivalent spec's is US would be 90 and 93 Octane. So if you buy 97 in UK with a minimum MON of 85 I don't think you can claim them f the Ron is lower than 97 as long as it's over 95. Mind you, for some brands it is pretty easy to market 97 RON because they have more trouble meeting the MON spec and many refineries produce 97 RON when they meet the 85 MON spec.

Boy this thread has become technical indeed.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Oh yeah, for Robbie, the diesel you tanked surely met EN590 specifications. Sure that's a reassuring thought!

·
Registered
968 Posts
Thanks Ben,

I supposed i worry too much, only car i ever had tuned ( back in 97 ) was an integrale it then systematically fell to pieces, so i have a bad experience with just wanting that bit more power
What makes you think it wouldnt have fell apart without modding..

·
Registered
968 Posts
Put my name down for an AP early Dec....getting Y pipe fitted last week of Nov so will want to fettle after that...

R their any you tube vids of how easy AP is to use etc...

I cant see me wanting to go any further than this level of tune, but would like to keep up to date with all the benefits of development that are going on now.

Do i call you to sort it out Ben?

Really plug and play. Connect to the dash, follow instructions on screen. (you might brigh oxygen if messages like "Transmission/4 wd/VDC error, please contact your dealer" scare you :D

It cant' go wrong. And if you (like me) **** up and follow a step like switching car on properly you can redo the process. Easy!!!!

·
Registered
968 Posts
RROff I think and probably Auto!

The GT-R produces so much torque low down, it is quicker changing up at about 6k which is what Auto does, plus it's very easy to mess up the 1-2 shift in Manual seeing as it needs to happen not much more than a second after launch.
Yup, think you are right, measuring here till 100 km/h but should be almost the same. Will try it with VDC off now too. We are even allowed so won't feel like an outlaw.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.