GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
free map

\Just confirming Ben, as per your thread with the Titan and all the other goodies I will get a free MAP based on my data feedback.........U know who!

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
hate this see it all the time.........for the peasants among us that spend their limited free time having having FUN whats the best fuel at the pumps and where do we get it to go FAST!

Tesco #1
shell#2
bp#3
Asda#4

:confused:

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
i can honestly say I did not pay Dave to say that, BUT he has just asked me for a specific fuel grade map hehehe :D

but do agree with Dave, well tuned ap map & exhaust can effectively net same hp and 1/4 times as a R35 fitted with £5,000+ HKS 570 kit and 12 hour labour actuators.

There is no reason to spend money on intake, actuator or injectors on stock turbo. AP + Y-pipe/exhaust/down pipes all you need for a seriously fast street car than will run a high 10.

Yes i have contradicted myself from my first post in this thread, since Thistle's new boost development the stock actuators will now hold same boost as aftermarket PITA to fit actuators. After which limited by injectors.

btw where we saw big demand in the summer for Y-pipes and ap's, lately the demand is for decatt downpipes. such a sweet sound.

Have had one from the day i picked up the Motor. HPC sold me it :D via Ben. Have played some great tunes on it and expect more to come. So i can honestly say best add on for the GTR there is on the market. Also got the Titan Y pipe from Ben and it also sounds so sweet and delivers more performance..again fitted by my HPC :D. Next i have decat downpipe coming from ben which i am having ceramic coated by Zircotec in Didcot to keep things COOL:cool: should have this on next weekend with new music from ben and Thistle to play on my AP ipod..to say i'm happy :clap::clap::clap: YOU BET I AM.

On a footnote i had a problem with my AP which meant it being returned to m anufacturer for fixing.This was done by Ben and returned very promptly so i did not have to do without my special Music.;)

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::D

PS: No kickbacks are expected or received for these comments they are my honest opinions

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Car back from 6,000 mile service.

Downloaded and updated latest Accessport software (piece of cake) this afternoon, and 99 Octane map from Ben ready to go on this weekend, if it ever stops raining...

Feels like Christmas is coming early!
Welome to the VERY VERY dark side..........hope you have the dosh for the habit you will form!!!!!!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Installed Ben's 99 Octane map at 2.30pm this afternoon and told my wife I was going out for a quick drive.

It's now 5.20 and I just got back.

The car was brilliant before. Now I'm running out of superlatives. 3rd, 4th and 5th now have the sort of real, "Mike Tyson at his prime" punch and urge that 1st and 2nd always have done, and acceleration in 6th is noticeably improved.

As for installation, just follow the AP on-screen instructions. It really is that simple. Don't panic when the installation is taking place and you see all sorts of error readings on your car's display - just keep the faith while the Accessport is counting inexorably up to 100%, and then you're OFF! It really does only take 10 minutes.

Ben - you and your team truly are DA MEN (and women!)

johnhanton57 - if this is the dark side, I like it dark...
It gets better :cool::cool:for small change you can have 630 fywheel and 570 wheel HP....dont want to mention the torque folks might think i'm on the X factor:flame::flame::flame:

Call Ben for a talk;)

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I know I'm well stupid with regards to all things Access Port (sorry - please be patient) - but I assume you need to have an access port fitted first for this to be of any use? - and if that's the case how does this differ from the tune that comes with the access port out of the box?

Thanks

It differs SO much you cannot comprehend..........in reality it is the difference between light and sound............. awesome my friend awesome. Give me a PM and will explain

PS: I dont get nothing from this .........:D:D

·
Registered
1,726 Posts

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
1 more question.. :D

What dbs is the car hitting now with the decat + y pipe.?

My car is 101/102db at 5k revs static.. which stops me getting on some tracks.

Anything above 105db static, will prevent you getting on any trackday in UK.. pretty much!

Rob

Not sure on db never had it tested as i dont do track days YET!! but certainly less noise with OEM pipe than others IMO and no BHP downside . Sound is quite different than other back pipes more rip than roar ...........a bit like a big bike and i must admit i prefer this sound to the deep roar you get with other pipes.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Ben,
With the GTC decat downpipes fitted the engine light comes on when you uninstall. What will the dealer do with this when the beast is being serviced? Will they reset or modifythe stock motor in any way before i reinstall the COBB?

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Hi John,

Yup thats because on your custom tune we turned the cat lights on dash off, when uninstall that map will pop back again until you but custom map back on. If you do ecu reset just before sending to dealer will turn lights off again for a while. Don't worry being decatted won't make any difference to your servicing. Your dealer will probably know already you have the highest terminal speed in UK :p
Thought that would be the case but no harm in asking...Motor off to MH on Jan 4th............

Hope your enjoying the sun. Of to Libya to make some money for the Injectors etc :)

Have a great 2010

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
We've emailed new free shelf maps to as many people as we have in our database not running custom tunes. If we've forgot about anyone just let me know and will send you maps straight away :)

bhp i think your one who's email as slipped my usually tight net, so just message me cheers [email protected]

Also after a bit more testing i will send new gear logic maps to everyone who went for custom tunes. have started to find some nice balances between throttle control and power, though have found some people will still prefer their current all power on tap maps :flame:
Ben,

I'm liking the new map with the current road conditions and even when it dries out it may actually be quicker than the full power on tap which had a habit of giving you a clutch error if you put the pedal to the metal...we will see when things dry out but for the moment the gear logic seems a good smooth balance and will still light up all four when you want to:flame::flame:

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
thank you for the feedback johnny, much appreciated mate. will do you some more set up's to see what you like best there are quite a few throttle % possibilities.
Sounds good to me, you know how i like to experiment:chuckle::chuckle: For me full power in 1st and 2nd in any road condition is pointless as i cant lay it down no matter what i try. Maybe on a very sticky track with very sticky slicks it may be possible but would probably rip the arse out of the Gbox. Like the idea of being able to put max power without slippage to the wheels in 1st and 2nd and thisbeing controlled by the logic and then full bifta in all other gears where you have time to control how much you apply and feed the power in as appropriate but no way could i ever use full throttle and full RPM in 1st and 2nd with the current power the beast puts out so need a very progressive feed in 2nd and perhaps a power reduction in 1st.

Lots to play with:cool:

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
No limp mode:thumbsup:
More torques:thumbsup:
More Horses:thumbsup:

When do i get my 900 cc injectors, fuel pump and new Ipod tunes...hope before i come south to kick southern ass:smokin:

Will i need to uprate the clutch or just keep banging till she breaks and i have to run the Fiesta:D

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
:smokin:
id like to see you take a gear box out ben with your manicured nails
strip and re fit in 6hrs lol

clips take six hrs (after box is out !!!)
we can do in 6hrs/ three of us!! total job and thats pushing it!
but agree its a must do job !!
Kevan,
I now have my new best buddy "ex HPC tech" now resident in Aberdeen and also now in the oil patch so guess we could do just about anything we want, cash dependant but still stopping short of the turbo upgrade and engine out Maybe???:D:D:D.

Ben

I'll need prices for Actuators, Injectors and intakes and also circlip upgrade as i might take the box out and do this wee job :thumbsup:as a first step for the new season of madness. These will all be compatable with future turbo upgrade when i have the cash

May as well also price me for Turbo upgrades and do you do a exchange or will i have to take my stock turbos off first and have them rework? hate to be without the beast so would need to do this when i'm off in some shit hole. Also do you know if anyone is providing a retro fit straight through zorst system with electronic bypass to muffler system in the UK like the AP system but maybe's lighter..want to shoot bigger flames but be quite enough when i need to be:smokin:

Ben, i have PM'd you

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Ben,

Are your intakes ceramic coated or painted? reason i ask is i recon there is a few horses available in keeping intake air cooler by using white premium ceramic coating to minimise heat tranfer under the hood, what you think??:flame:

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Thistle,

Thanks for the feedback, while i am not an expert in thermo dynamics i do feel that effective underbonnet resistance to heat soak cant be a bad thing especially if you do NOT coat pipes internally they should loose any heat based on specific heat of the material and tranfer internally as normal with air flow and stay cooler and hence better hp. Dont see any down side to external premium white ceranic coating plus it would look really cool and FEEL cool if you get my jist :thumbsup:.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Cheers John...think i may have mixed up latent and specific heat as it's long time since i did physics!!! but with new ceramics it should be like the shuttle unless you loose a tile :bawling:

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Ceramic coating is a great idea, but the costs involved (while not prohibitive) would make Bens intake too expensive to sell surely ? Having seen the intakes theres not that much metal on show. The airboxes are carbon fibre so relatively well insulated.
Ceramic coating with the real top end material is cheap. i got my decat downpipes done for £60 each:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.