GTR Forum banner
61 - 80 of 285 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
Hehe, I've owned a few Ferrari V8s so I'm not fussed about my Nissan sounding like one! :D

But I am interested in extra power and response, but as you know, not getting thrown off tracks for too much noise is also a priority.

So what was the peak power figure in your graph? And that was with NO cats, right?

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
12 most important info possible relevant to remote tuning:

Ign Advance
RPM
Theo Pulse Width
Load Wastegate
Boost
Wastegate duty
Boost error
Throttle position
Mass airflow B1
Injector Pulse
Air fuel ratio
Vehicle speed

Note with EDM shelf maps Cobb Tuning did not include intake and ex timing improvments, so for the custom maps we'll get an improvement at 3000-4000 RPM with more intake valve timing and wastegate duty, at the top should release a bit more power, and help spool.

Lot's more to come next few months :)

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
COBB Tuning is conducting a public 64-bit beta test for AccessPORT support software applications, AP Manager and AP Updater. The new 64-bit applications will be compatible with 64-bit versions of Windows Vista and Windows 7. This new beta software is also compatible with Windows 7 32-bit operating systems.

To download the 64-bit support software for the AccessPORT, please visit and complete the 64-bit Beta Testing Download Page software request form Cobb Tuning. You will receive an email with instructions for download.

Please report any 64-bit related software issues via email at [email protected]. A Known Issues Page will be updated to show which issues have already been reported along with the resolution status of each item.

--------------------

COBB Tuning Facebook Group
COBB Tuning | Facebook

COBB Tuning MySpace Page
COBB Tuning® | MySpace

COBB Tuning Twitter Page
COBB Tuning (COBBTUNING) on Twitter

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Very exciting to let you guys know, this morning the first trial on a R35 using just an accessPORT successfully saw real controlled boost via the ecu, RPM based boost control. No boost controller in sight.

For the last month or so, to help take the work load away from the Cobb GT-R team (Trey, JoeGR, Turtle), GTC main tech man Thistle had been busy with the raw GT-R rom files. The wastegate duty table axis now uses RPM instead of airlow, which was the reason behind the boost spikes. This now allows proper independent control of overboost situations by rpm. Now wastegate duty follows the map by RPM.

More testing to be done, but an otherwise standard car with significant traction problems in the dry, although this was on the initial map which gave 20 PSI midrange and 17 PSI at 6000 RPM and will be detuned in the midrange as the car is otherwise stock. The important point is that now we can detune the midrange and keep the high RPM boost up

Next up Knock in datalogs :)

If you thought the AP was good, its about to go to next level thanks to the tireless efforts of the team who never stop striving to improve.

All being well GTC will shortly be offering custom tunes with the new features included. I have told a number of people to hold off buying custom tunes from us until this was implented and we were happy, and also to save boost controller £££

Items changed and optimized in the custom tuning:

Boost Wastegate duty cycle is optimized to the specific vehicle, and smoothed to eliminate drivability issues, while maintaining a safe boost level
Intake and Exhaust cam timing are optimized for best spool-up, drivability and top-end power
Ignition timing is optimized and smoothed
Fueling is adjusted to meet the engine's requirements

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
Very exciting to let you guys know, this morning the first trial on a R35 using just an accessPORT successfully saw real controlled boost via the ecu, RPM based boost control. No boost controller in sight.

For the last month or so, to help take the work load away from the Cobb GT-R team (Trey, JoeGR, Turtle), GTC main tech man Thistle had been busy with the raw GT-R rom files. The wastegate duty table axis now uses RPM instead of airlow, which was the reason behind the boost spikes. This now allows proper independent control of overboost situations by rpm. Now wastegate duty follows the map by RPM.

More testing to be done, but an otherwise standard car with significant traction problems in the dry, although this was on the initial map which gave 20 PSI midrange and 17 PSI at 6000 RPM and will be detuned in the midrange as the car is otherwise stock. The important point is that now we can detune the midrange and keep the high RPM boost up

Next up Knock in datalogs :)

If you thought the AP was good, its about to go to next level thanks to the tireless efforts of the team who never stop striving to improve.

All being well GTC will shortly be offering custom tunes with the new features included. I have told a number of people to hold off buying custom tunes from us until this was implented and we were happy, and also to save boost controller £££

Items changed and optimized in the custom tuning:

Boost Wastegate duty cycle is optimized to the specific vehicle, and smoothed to eliminate drivability issues, while maintaining a safe boost level
Intake and Exhaust cam timing are optimized for best spool-up, drivability and top-end power
Ignition timing is optimized and smoothed
Fueling is adjusted to meet the engine's requirements
Completely awesome Ben! :bowdown1:

I can't believe you guys have managed to achieve what no US or Japanese tuner has managed so far. Go GTC!

BTW, see my Cobb AP thread for the Evo magazine update.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
ok with the end of year fast approaching and with that increase in vat.

How many guys interested in AP GB ?

we have loads in UK stock so not a case of taking your money and then ordering :p

UK AP retail is £750 + vat

will do 15% discount for people who put name down, will let gb run for a few weeks

Multpl threads on forums about ap, don't need me to say much more

·
Registered
57 Posts
Just to add - well worth the investment and an absolute steal at the price....and the comendation is from someone who was very sceptical at the start.

"Go on - you know you want to" :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
You can unload the custom map at service time

But Nissan can detect if the car has been reflashed, albeit not neccessarily what it was reflashed with.

In theory voids warranty; in practice?

·
Registered
140 Posts
You can unload the custom map at service time

But Nissan can detect if the car has been reflashed, albeit not neccessarily what it was reflashed with.

In theory voids warranty; in practice?
Hmmm, one of those then...What are users first hand experience of dealers with this?

As an aside - where can i find out details forthe Welsh track/road weekend, i'm hoping i should have my own Godzilla for that :)

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
As an aside - where can i find out details forthe Welsh track/road weekend, i'm hoping i should have my own Godzilla for that :)
Check out the '35 days till Christmas' thread in the UK Events section. Latest post has a summary of what we have planned and who is coming.

If you are interested PM me for hotel and track booking details

Ed

61 - 80 of 285 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.