GTR Forum banner
121 - 140 of 285 Posts

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #121 ·
yup sumo is spot on :)

we're happy to install, but its a 5 min upload very user friendly. its a good idea to give it a try first time and get used to, as there are usually new updates available via the online updater link.

·
Registered
968 Posts
RROff I think and probably Auto!

The GT-R produces so much torque low down, it is quicker changing up at about 6k which is what Auto does, plus it's very easy to mess up the 1-2 shift in Manual seeing as it needs to happen not much more than a second after launch.
Yup, think you are right, measuring here till 100 km/h but should be almost the same. Will try it with VDC off now too. We are even allowed so won't feel like an outlaw.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Cobb AP

ok with the end of year fast approaching and with that increase in vat.

How many guys interested in AP GB ?

we have loads in UK stock so not a case of taking your money and then ordering :p

UK AP retail is £750 + vat

will do 15% discount for people who put name down, will let gb run for a few weeks

Multpl threads on forums about ap, don't need me to say much more
Hello Ben this is Jonathan from Edinburgh, not sure if this is how it work. Could you please reserved 1 of the 15 % discount Cobb AP for me before it end.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Quick question .. been looking into the ap, from on here and the gtrus site.

I know the group buy runs out at the end of november - and it's a good saving. I presume the maps are the one used from the cobb website and you just download them to the cobb, plug and go ?

The reason for asking is that from the cobb site it specifies only the usdm and the jap cars - 2008 / 2009, but the sat nav cars being delivered now have a few horses more and would be classed as 2010 cars ?

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #126 ·
Quick question .. been looking into the ap, from on here and the gtrus site.

I know the group buy runs out at the end of november - and it's a good saving. I presume the maps are the one used from the cobb website and you just download them to the cobb, plug and go ?

The reason for asking is that from the cobb site it specifies only the usdm and the jap cars - 2008 / 2009, but the sat nav cars being delivered now have a few horses more and would be classed as 2010 cars ?

When you buy European AccessPORT from GTC you get our own GTC UK maps included. The one's on Cobb website are only for JDM/USDM and also run too much timing, they are well out of date tbh.

Sat Nav / non sat nav so far have the exact same ROM. When there is an undate / the ap won't reconise a new ecu we just need to save that new rom file and make the necessary adjustments :)

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #127 ·
GOTO:Racing/Dell™ Equallogic GT-R makes 787 WHP thanks to COBB

Video from the Day:
GOTO:Racing/Dellâ„¢ Equallogic GT-R Gets Ready for Superlap on Vimeo
YouTube - GOTO:Racing/Dellâ„¢ Equallogic GT-R Gets Ready for Superlap

The team at GOTO:Racing is in the middle of their two week road trip which includes SEMA, Super Lap Battle, and Redline Time Attack Finals. After a successful week of PR at the SEMA show in Las Vegas, complete with plenty of speculation on how much power the GT-R would make on the coming dyno day, the GOTO rig pulled up to HB Speed to put all speculation to rest.

The previous dyno day, held only two weeks ago, the GOTO GT-R had some issues with MAF sensor resolution. The car started out at 620 WHP at 15psi, and was slowly raised over the day. The COBB AccessPORT held boost perfectly at every level our expert tuners wanted.

Eventually Tim Bailey from COBB Surgline, and Jon Drenas from HB Speed, had the R35 racecar holding 22.5 lbs of boost. At this level the car made an amazing 787 WHP and 721 WTQ. "I had hoped we would have made just north of 700 HP, but to make just shy of 800 is just amazing. I can't wait to feel this thing on track," commented Brian Lock, lead driver of the Dell™ Equallogic GT-R. "The scary thing is this car has a lot more in it," said Tim Bailey, "we want to verify this tune on track, make sure we have no drivetrain issues, then we can get even crazier." This recent dyno session has shown again how amazing a bone stock VR38DETT can be.

GOTO:Racing will be at Buttonwillow Raceway this coming Tuesday to test the GT-R for the first time at this power level. Hopefully they will have what it takes to shock the competition at the Super Lap Battle.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Hello ben

When you say GC EDM MAps

Does this mean we will get RPM boost control map or do you keep those for custom tunes.

If yes, is it necessary to do a custom tune to use the new maps ? Or is this just a special reward for thisle work ( and i find this perfectly understandable btw ) ?

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #129 ·
Hello ben

When you say GC EDM MAps

Does this mean we will get RPM boost control map or do you keep those for custom tunes.

If yes, is it necessary to do a custom tune to use the new maps ? Or is this just a special reward for thisle work ( and i find this perfectly understandable btw ) ?

Because we push the car more with higher boost 1.3 we prefer to only offer the RPM in custom tune for moment, with datalog feedback to us.

But there are plans between Cobb and ourselves to release the new rpm control into the stage maps but obviously with less boost.

Custom tuners won't feel short changed as there is also work on ignition, cam timing, fuel etc...and added benefit that it's tweeked to what your 35 likes/dislikes. And we're happy to check logs for free at anytime and make tweeks when needed, decatt for example. Big stuff like turbo, injectors is alot more work involved.

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts

Video from the Day:
GOTO:Racing/Dellâ„¢ Equallogic GT-R Gets Ready for Superlap on Vimeo
YouTube - GOTO:Racing/Dellâ„¢ Equallogic GT-R Gets Ready for Superlap

The team at GOTO:Racing is in the middle of their two week road trip which includes SEMA, Super Lap Battle, and Redline Time Attack Finals. After a successful week of PR at the SEMA show in Las Vegas, complete with plenty of speculation on how much power the GT-R would make on the coming dyno day, the GOTO rig pulled up to HB Speed to put all speculation to rest.

The previous dyno day, held only two weeks ago, the GOTO GT-R had some issues with MAF sensor resolution. The car started out at 620 WHP at 15psi, and was slowly raised over the day. The COBB AccessPORT held boost perfectly at every level our expert tuners wanted.

Eventually Tim Bailey from COBB Surgline, and Jon Drenas from HB Speed, had the R35 racecar holding 22.5 lbs of boost. At this level the car made an amazing 787 WHP and 721 WTQ. "I had hoped we would have made just north of 700 HP, but to make just shy of 800 is just amazing. I can't wait to feel this thing on track," commented Brian Lock, lead driver of the Dell™ Equallogic GT-R. "The scary thing is this car has a lot more in it," said Tim Bailey, "we want to verify this tune on track, make sure we have no drivetrain issues, then we can get even crazier." This recent dyno session has shown again how amazing a bone stock VR38DETT can be.

GOTO:Racing will be at Buttonwillow Raceway this coming Tuesday to test the GT-R for the first time at this power level. Hopefully they will have what it takes to shock the competition at the Super Lap Battle.
Absolutely staggering!
And the fact that it is absolutely not a dyno queen but a very hard driven road racer makes it even more so.

When it says "bone stock VR38DETT", do you have a list of the bolt-on parts they've added Ben? Actuators, EBC? Which turbos etc?

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #131 ·
Absolutely staggering!
And the fact that it is absolutely not a dyno queen but a very hard driven road racer makes it even more so.

When it says "bone stock VR38DETT", do you have a list of the bolt-on parts they've added Ben? Actuators, EBC? Which turbos etc?

It's not running an electronic boost controller, all done via the AccessPORT :D Injectors and modified turbo, intake and full decatt. 787 all that's needed for circuit, rest of attention on weight saving and suspension set up.

btw Sunday Times ingear mailed me this morning, should see the GTC Titan in there at some point.

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
It's not running an electronic boost controller, all done via the AccessPORT :D Injectors and modified turbo, intake and full decatt. 787 all that's needed for circuit, rest of attention on weight saving and suspension set up.

btw Sunday Times ingear mailed me this morning, should see the GTC Titan in there at some point.
Unbelievable! So an AccessPort can now sustain 23psi? That's nearly 1.6bar!
I presume it also had actuators?

Good news on the Sunday Times, you really need to milk that. Pick up the current Top Gear for an example of what people want to know, i.e. that the "untuneable GT-R" is now running 300/400hp more than standard! :D

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I've been working closely with Tim in recent weeks on ECM-TCM comms, airflow calculations to properly map large MAF housings, large injectors etc, this racer has the latest goodies with overboost removal and the same boost control we've all been enjoying recently. The logs look lovely from this car. And it idles steadily/smoothly just like a stock car too from the looks of it. The load/airflow are being measured properly, things are less maxxed out in these terms than a stock engine with a flash like mine! This stuff will all filter down in time to road/trackday type cars.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Not in the midrange, your car would do it even on stock turbos (but it wouldn't be a good idea IMHO).

I treat a new turbo, especially ones aimed at this power as having new actuators anyway. An 8 PSI actuator isn't much use for running 22PSI at red line. Best to fit the actuator to the minimum boost level you'd ever need.

·
Registered
300 Posts
thistle

using RPM boost control on a smaller boost ( let's say 1.1b). Is it any better than classical stage2 map ?

·
Registered
167 Posts
When you buy European AccessPORT from GTC you get our own GTC UK maps included. The one's on Cobb website are only for JDM/USDM and also run too much timing, they are well out of date tbh.

Sat Nav / non sat nav so far have the exact same ROM. When there is an undate / the ap won't reconise a new ecu we just need to save that new rom file and make the necessary adjustments :)
Cheers Ben .. Need to pull my finger out and order one of these before the offer runs out !

121 - 140 of 285 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.