GTR Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have been to busy lately to keep the car clean and polished but started to wash car today and noticed black and red spots all over the paint work. Tried to remove with no luck but you can pick some off leaving a redish stain. Tried a fine T cut liquid in small area and removed 90%. Looked at neighbours white van and his was worse so it can only be what comes down with the rain. Anybody with ideas on how to remove and what to use? I have been awaiting a car cover from HPC but have been told they are looking for a new supplier. The only thing i can do is wait till i can get a cover and then get a detailer to work on the car ready for the winter as i will only use on weekends.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
A clay bar should be able to get most, if not all of the marks off of the roof. Rather than abrading into the paint mechanically like your T-Cut has, a clay bar when rubbed over the surface of the paint shaves of any particles, road grime, sap etc etc. You ideally need some sort of Quick Detail spray to act as a lube for the bar to glide over and you need to be constantly kneading the bar so you are working with a clean surface. Once done the paint should feel like glass and you should be free of all the black marks.

You will need to rewax or seal the car. As with using a polish like T-Cut, claying will remove some if not all of your wax / sealant protection.

Hope that helps.

Alex :).

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A clay bar should be able to get most, if not all of the marks off of the roof. Rather than abrading into the paint mechanically like your T-Cut has, a clay bar when rubbed over the surface of the paint shaves of any particles, road grime, sap etc etc. You ideally need some sort of Quick Detail spray to act as a lube for the bar to glide over and you need to be constantly kneading the bar so you are working with a clean surface. Once done the paint should feel like glass and you should be free of all the black marks.

You will need to rewax or seal the car. As with using a polish like T-Cut, claying will remove some if not all of your wax / sealant protection.

Hope that helps.

Alex :).
I have the quick detail spray and 2 x white clay bars but spent 5 minutes just in one small area of the wing and only removed about a 1/4 of the marks.
Based on this it would take me more time than i had on Sunday:mad:
That is why i'm thinking professional with a buffer perhaps.

·
Registered
69 Posts
For me right now the GT-R was not quite right so sold a couple of weeks ago, I know maddness! No regrets, but missing it badly.

Have you tried auto glym intensive tar remover? It's very good but you must re-wax after.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Sonus green clay or Serious Performance Orange works really well. I use the serious performance on my White GTR and it has got 100% of all the crap out the paint. Do it once every 6 months and give it a good wax after as the clay takes all the wax off.

I wash, clay, then use a paint cleanser before waxing/sealing - 4 hour job every 6 months and you car will look like new. If you use a good quick detailer as the lube then every week you wash it just give it a spritz with the QD and it will leave a nice barrier on the paint and stop dirt sticking to it.

Kp

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sonus green clay or Serious Performance Orange works really well. I use the serious performance on my White GTR and it has got 100% of all the crap out the paint. Do it once every 6 months and give it a good wax after as the clay takes all the wax off.

I wash, clay, then use a paint cleanser before waxing/sealing - 4 hour job every 6 months and you car will look like new. If you use a good quick detailer as the lube then every week you wash it just give it a spritz with the QD and it will leave a nice barrier on the paint and stop dirt sticking to it.

Kp
Thanks for the advice, i think i will be buying some of the above and giving it a go. :thumbsup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.