GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
31,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...took the Skyline out this morning and on my way back had to stop in a line of cars to allow a group of School Children to cross the road on the way to a local landmark. They couldn't have been more than 7 or 8 years old

I was two cars back, but as the kids converged on the Side of the road, one of them pointed and piped up, "look, there's a Skyline". His classmates obliviously ignored him, but he was craning his neck to get a better look, and was desperately trying to draw his mates attention to the car. Then, as the teacher led them away I could see him jumping up to see over a fence, and shouted "Bye Mr Skyline GTR"

Really put a smile on my face, and I gave it a nice blast in first so he got to hear it even when he couldn't see it.

Reaction to the car has waned as the years have passed, but it was nice to see a young lad know and appreciate it.

Mook.

p.s. this is when Rich comes on and says it was his boy lol

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Hahaha, its always nice when something like that happens.

I was in my daily S14a and a couple of young brothers around the same age were racing cars down the road.

The older one shouted to his brother to go as he was further down the road and needed the headstart. I clocked on and booted it, they both stopped with their jaws dropped then had big smiles :)

If it was the GTR they would have needed to go for a hearing aid after!

Its the little things!

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
I hope you wound your window down and said, "yes, it's got twins bro'":D

·
Registered
21 Posts
I was in postoffice yesterday buying tax half way through the woman at the counter clocked what car it was for and got really excited, started saying how much she loves them and how special they are! Not just kids in the know like them, made me happy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts