GTR Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all,

95 R33 VSpec, stock aside from exhaust and wheels- On the gas in third gear today on the express way, pulled violently until the higher revs.

Started to feel a jerking and immediately let off the gas. Heard what I thought was backfire/misfire. Thought it was the road - or something. Different gear, tried again same result.

Cursory search says that it could be a coil or Airflow Meter. What kind of $$$ damage am I looking at to get these worked on? There are two shops near me that specialize in GT-Rs, and I've already got some stuff scheduled with them soon.

Beyond that, what else could it be?

Thank you for the help. Happy New Year!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Some good info though not quite thorough enough to make a full diagnosis.

My first concern is that RB's in particular need to be carefully tuned for ANY modification you do - this is true of most ECU lead fuel injected vehicles but more so with RB engines.
Through tuning for the exhaust you'll be able to see where the fault is.

To me, the symptoms are really broad - could be a coil, sure but could also be a spark. Could be a fuel issue, could be a driveline issue, could simply be bad fuel, a cam advance/retard setting or could be indicative of something worse. All up you'll get the bes answers by taking it to a decent mechanic and getting them to give it a looky.
Good luck mate!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts