GTR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks,

I am thinking of going to look at a GTR with 90K on the clock - full history at Abbey (this is assuming it isnt sold!)

Is this too many miles to have on an RB26 do you think?

We have 130K twinturbos over at 300zx.co.uk on original turbos - however this is rare !

Not to be disrespectfull but its in the forsale section - anyone had a look and an opinion it?

Thanks as ever.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Glen,

You are best off ringing Abbey, I bought a GTR recently and they were extremely helpful, talking me through everything which they had done and giving an honest opinion of the car... Infact I spoke to them about 3 different GTR's and they were always really helpful :)

Jon

·
Registered
82 Posts
When I was looking for a skyline I looked at some low mileage ones and they would not of lasted 3 months(probably thrashed from one end of Japan to the other). I ended up buying a 50k one with a full Middlehurst history(Middlehurst were v.helpful in telling me about the owner,condition of the car etc.) as i think you buy them on condition to a certain extent rather than mileage,cause if you get a bad one you will pay a fortune getting it sorted.I am sure their will be a lot of people on the forum able to tell you a lot better than me though, especially when it comes to the technical probs of a high milage skyline.:)

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Senna,

You remember you drove my R33? That had 94000 miles when you drove it.

If you look after the car it's pretty bulletproof. You'll need to know how it's been used and get an idea of what mods have been done. If it has had serious mods make sure the engine has been kept up to spec. The only thing you might want to check is the clutch

Happy motoring
John

·
Registered
558 Posts
RB 26 mileages

Senna,
The engine in my GTR 32 has in excess of 100,000 miles under its belt, still gives good power and torque.High quality oil and 3000 mile changes with slow warm ups and cool downs will ensure a long life!

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
At what mileage should the timing belt be chnaged and should this value be decreased if running higher BHP???

Also is it true, that you have to replace the oil pump at 54-60k miles???

1 - 7 of 7 Posts