GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
glue! ;-) How was Brands? I'd imagine a cracking circuit for the GTR?
Was just the Indy circuit, which is a bit of a car killer for brakes and tyres.

My car is running a track geo + y pipe + cobb stge 1, and it is truly epic!

I've have owned pretty much everything and raced a Porsche 997 cup car, but the GTR is really one of the best (road cars) I have driven! :D

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Blimey! Did you feel it happen or did you not notice until later on? How do you think it happened?
The guy driving the GT2 is a VLN championship winner.. so I was on a real mission. Just working the car at the limit for too many laps..

·
Registered
326 Posts
wow i hate to think what the rest of the tyres look like as that one, being the right front, would have taken the least load on the indy circuit which is mainly right hand corners!!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Could it be a problem with the Dunlops? Because two of my friends have had the same issue with their tires after spirited driving...

3,665 Posts
makes me wonder if the tyres can take the load, looks like the carcass,s are over heating. More camber would help thou.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Yikes! Looks like they've been on a BBQ! :)

Road tyres? On a mission? On a track? It's not rocket science! :)

Anyone tried the GT-R on track with slicks? (Hard compound pref.).

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Even without that rip those tyres are toast. Once my outer edges were that worn there was zero turn-in especially in the wet.

Cheap Tyres Discount Tyres & Japanese Import Car Parts Spares Tuning Performance Servicing Accessories :: are about the cheapest for GT-R tyres. Be interesting to see what you report back with rear tyres all round...
I wouldn't buy a spark plug from Camskill.

I bought two tyres for my GTO ages ago. They did, and do, make the car
pull to the left. I had the front steering rack replaced, and countless alignment setups to no avail. Straight as an arrow with different tyres. I spoke to Steve about it, and he said I would have to send them back to be tested. Could take months, and if the tyres were found to be ok, I would have to pay for the inspection. Decided to put it down to experiance. I know my consumer rights, but Camskill apparently, do not.

Very disappointed with the attitude towards this problem. I still have the tyres, as new. But I have a GT-R now. Yippeeee!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts