GTR Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Thanks for the reply. Would you know if it would be difficult to sell a GTR privately when the time came?
If you buy a good car that has lowish mileage and not too many owners then you should be able to move the car reasonably quickly. Sales during the winter period tend to be slower though. I've sold one car to Middlehurst, one to RS Direct and one privately through the Forum at sensible prices. I wouldn't want a private buyer viewing any GTR unless you have solid ID from them first.

·
Vendor
2,336 Posts
I am from Whiston so not far away.
I’ve seen the Katsura one up Wickersley and Thorpe Hensley before.
I know Jez from tool truck pretty well, he was down at my house in his nismo a couple of months back, he had a white cba before.
I’ll keep an eye out for the black one in stocksbridge as I go there for work sometimes.

·
Registered
723 Posts
The black one in Stocksbridge is Alex from Wheel Monkey,

I also know of another guy called Elliot up nr J30 with a blue DBA, I fixed his laptop about 2 weeks after I got mine.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Some really good points to look out for there, thanks. Seems like quite a few people have gone from M cars to the GTR. It makes sense really, the next step up.

Its nice to have the refinement of bmw but seen as though its not my every day car and more of a weekend car I'm happy to live with that. I have only done 2500 miles in the m3 in the last year. I plan to use the next car more its just the way this last year has been, had too many things on.

I shall definitely be taking a check list of things to look out for when viewing a GTR. Some great advice there, cheers!
No probs! I personally found my M4 really frustrating in even mildly damp UK roads with the TC kicking in constantly. No such issues with the GTR.

Although not as refined, I was shocked how tractable a car it is.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Just wondering, what is the difference between premium edition and recaro edition? Looking at 2011-2014 models.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Mine is black Skint, as is my R32, I am often around Bramley and Ecclesfield and everywhere in between.

Glad to know that there are other owners on here nearby, one of of missus mates in Stocksbridge has one in black, bloke round corner from me has a Katsura, bloke from Tool Truck has a black Nismo and a guy up Ecclesfield has a Katsura as well. My missus says there's a white Nismo in Mexborough who follows her on InstantGrandma

@Nixon90, yes it is mate, even for a "newer" car and it's nice seats, it's an expensive Nissan that goes like stink, the going like stink is the bit that never gets old.
I’m based in Sheffield so you guys may see me around in my DMG LM20

·
Vendor
2,336 Posts
I’m actually on Rotherham border, I’ve not seen any Lm 20’s around I’ll keep an eye out for you.

If you don’t have ecutek lead and need to borrow you can shoot over or if you need anything Gtr related.

what build number is your car?

·
Registered
150 Posts
I’m actually on Rotherham border, I’ve not seen any Lm 20’s around I’ll keep an eye out for you.

If you don’t have ecutek lead and need to borrow you can shoot over or if you need anything Gtr related.

what build number is your car?
Mine is no. 20

And thanks for the offer but yeah I have a ecutek

Please be sure to give me a wave sometime

·
Registered
723 Posts
Yeah I'm kinda border of Rotherham / Barnsley / Doncaster - few miles from Marr Lodge but I am always in and around Sheffield and surrounding area.
Once the all new and improved lockdown is done n dusted with it would be nice to meet some of you more local guys.

I bought a few bits n bat's off an ex R35 owner in Wakefield last week and I spotted another black one in Manvers the same evening.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts