GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Hope you can help me out here :¬)

I'm a current MR2 nut (no boos/hisses please) but hate the MKIII, too small and underpowered. (Currently have an 87 supercharger all kitted out and a 96 tuned veilside turbo).

Am thinking seriously that my next car will be a skyline. I should also add that I am addicted to yellow, so it will have to be yellow!!

Recently saw two yellow skylines are for sale...an R33 Vspec (22K) and a gorgeous GTR R34 (£34K!!)

I'm not 'up' too much on skylines, so was hoping for a bit of chat on the relative merits/disadvantages of each model - should I go for an R33 soonish, or save up longer for a R34??? (Damn big car btw, obviously have looked round them at various shows).

Help me out here!

Toni
:cool:

·
Registered
83 Posts
skyline - yellow

buy an R32...... and spray it. You will get change from £22k to buy some go faster goodies.

·
Super Moderator
15,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So what is a V-spec skyline?

What's the standard bhp on skylines - and how does the v-spec differ?

Sorry you can see I'm a newbie!

(and thanks for the advice R33 owner!! heh heh)

T.:D

·
Super Moderator
15,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sorry R32 owner!

Damn its confusing.

Got a friend who is addicted to R32s and wants one!
T.

·
Registered
364 Posts
hi,speaking personally the R33 is a great car very nimble for a big car i don't think there is much difference between the 33 and the 34 in performance terms but i think the 34 has bigger turbo's (board members correct me if i'm wrong) but they do look quite different so it's down to which one you like the look of and which you can afford of course! i'm told the vspecs have a better 4 wheel drive system which acts quicker than the standard gtr also i think it has slightly different suspension.(i'm also learning about the car!)

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
tonigmr2,

Without going into details, all 3 (R32/R33/R34) basically have the same drivetrain.

Other then the look, there are basically 2 main differences that can't be change easily:

Weight (very roughly):

32.....3200lbs
33.....3300lbs
34.....3400lbs

wheel base:

32......shortest
33......4 inches longer then 32
34......2 inches longer then 32

The stock power between them are all different, with each newer one have more power, but once you start tuning it, they are basically all the same anyway.

So since the 32 is lightest with the shortest wheel base, it will be the most nimble to drive.

To sum it up, basically just pick the one you like the look the best and can afford and just buy one, you won't be sorry.

Jeff

1 - 7 of 7 Posts