GTR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Im thinking of getting a R32 Gtr, any advice would be very helpful.
Also any good places to buy them?
Really anything you can think of that might help.
I need info..........anything.

Many thanks.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Buying R32

It is a pretty all-encompassing question so the obvious answers are:

a. Buy a good one, not a bad one since all GTRs are expensive to maintain/repair, so don't buy a cheap one.

b. Get it inspected by a Professional GTR Garage e.g. Abbey or Middlehurst before purchase.

c. Be careful as a lot of low quality Jap Import GTRs have come in recently.

d. Be prepared that if it goes wrong, all bills are denominated in thousands of pounds.

Guy

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Shaolin,

I'll second what Guy has said - the parts are just as expensive as for a 1 year-old R34, and you'll need more of them.

Phil

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Guy, thanks for the advice about not getting a bad one!!!, i never would have thought of that... :rolleyes:

Philip, have you had alot of problems with yours then?

When i say advice, i mean things to look out for,like common problems etc.

Thanks.....ish.
:eek:

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Good vs Bad

My post was not sarcastic, I have seen people turn down very good £20k R33s and buy cheap £16k R33s instead and then spend over £10,000 on getting them fixed......

R32s out there (and there are few) have broken everything from entire engines, turbos, gearboxes, propshafts!, rear diffs and just about every part. Remember the R32s are 10 years old or more, worth very little in Japan and many have been driven in Japan by 18year olds who thrash them.

The best cars are those have been in the UK a long time with good owners or have been purchased as high grade cars (4+) from Japanese auctions.

Guy

·
Registered
710 Posts
I disagree Guy, only the abused R32's are worth very little in Japan. Good ones fetch top dollar - in the UK, you get what you pay for and all the above applies.

Talat.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Exactly....There are a few R32's in the UK which, due to their rarity and history, are available from time to time and are normally well-cared for by enthusiasts. Look for a Janspeed Original or one which has been well looked after and has been in the UK for a number of years. There are about 23 of the original Janspeed cars left in the UK, and some of these are quicker to 100 mph than the 33's or 34's..

Nuff said.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
GTR32

GTR32,

I have edited your post above slightly, since it included a postcode within the Autotrader search (I have replaced it with a fictional postcode).

Guy (GTR Site Moderator)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts