GTR Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have not been on the forum for a while and my first experience owning a was soured somewhat by Nissan.

I don't want to bring up what happened as it still makes my blood boil, but it made me view the car in a different way and I sold it not long after my issue was resolved.

I bought a C63 and honestly hated it after the novelty of the sound wore off, sure people say the refinement is better and it a AMG but it didn't get the juices flowing like the GTR did, but I had to swallow it as I did not want to lose to much money by selling it quickly.

Well now its gone and I am seriously considering getting another GTR, I nearly had my head turned by the new M4 but my 10 year old daughter wont have it lol! She says they all look the same.

So I am once again at the mercy of you fine fellows and asking for some advice, you did me proud first time round!

I have whittled it down to 2 options what do you guys think?

2012 with under 10k on the clock, not paying over 55k
2014 with under 5k on the clock, not paying over 66k

I loved my 2011, but the wife did complain about the suspension and I have heard that the 2014 is a lot more comfortable in that dept, but will that impact on handling?

I really want to do a european tour next summer, I have a hankering for driving through the Monaco tunnel :eek: so keeping her quite would be very helpful

So what I am basically asking is what does the forum think of the 2014? should I perhaps wait will there be many changes on the 2015? or just buy a 2012 and go see Iain at litchfields with 10k?

Thanks in advance :bowdown1:

p.s I am glad to be rid of the C63's paddle shift, used it twice soooo slow!

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
My11 or 12 with mpss - much better ride as Steve will confirm shortly!

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, from what I have heard the ride in the 2014 is a little on the soft side, is that the same for the 2013?

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Why 12 or 14? Do you know something about the 13 that we don't?

14 is softer yes, 13 is much the same as 11 and 12, but I find it more responsive through the gears, 1st to 2nd is more of a blur than a gear change lol. Hyper responsive throttle pedal too, it seems to know what you want to do, just a tiny increase in pressure and it hurtles forward.

Btw, a mate has just bought an SL63 AMG, very nice but like you say the speed of gear changes is awful.

·
Premium Member
2,027 Posts
13s didn't have any major updates, steering wherl became two tone to match red flashes in seats. Extra bracing point behind dashboard. Slightly increased torque due to larger injectors, think thats about it.

Like the others say my12 with some choice mods and it'll be near perfect.;)

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nothing against the 2013, there just doesn't seem to be a bargain around, most are priced very close the the 2014 with only 3k difference.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Why 12 or 14? Do you know something about the 13 that we don't?

14 is softer yes, 13 is much the same as 11 and 12, but I find it more responsive through the gears, 1st to 2nd is more of a blur than a gear change lol. Hyper responsive throttle pedal too, it seems to know what you want to do, just a tiny increase in pressure and it hurtles forward.

Btw, a mate has just bought an SL63 AMG, very nice but like you say the speed of gear changes is awful.
Honestly it's so unresponsive, such a noticeable delay, and sometimes it seems to not even bother shifting.

I actually just gave up using it, which really spoilt the enjoyment of the car.

I was going to test drive an M4 on Friday just to check out the gear change, but have decided to go back to the GTR.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Honestly it's so unresponsive, such a noticeable delay, and sometimes it seems to not even bother shifting.

I actually just gave up using it, which really spoilt the enjoyment of the car.

I was going to test drive an M4 on Friday just to check out the gear change, but have decided to go back to the GTR.
You should have tried the M6 mate, very very fast gear changes, I test drove the AMS's :chuckle: crap.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
There's a lovely MY12 in the for sale section £3K under budget ;)
Lovely car! but I am looking for something under 10k, I will be using as a daily driver like last time so would like some guilt free mileage!

I want to keep until the R36 comes out and a few long distance trips, 1 to Europe and then 1 to Scandinavia.

I know mileage is not important but my old man seems to of brainwashed me into never buying a car with over 10k on the clock :chuckle:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts