GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the last few days i've been thinking of selling my GTR not really sure what i want to go for but i will see. I've never sold a car with this price tag before what is the best way of going about this and also what do you guys think should be a sensible price to aim for. The car currently has 11k on the clock 2011 stage4 with downpipes and is daytona blue. I have seen a few companies that buy GTR's is it worth giving them a try or should i just go down the private sale route.

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
Do you want quick money or more money?

·
Registered
924 Posts
In for the updates.

Nice car. What mods apart from Stage 4 with DP's of course?

Try some of the GT-R buyers and let us know what they offer. Also try Autotrader (suggested selling price) and somewhere in between should be about right.

Where are you based?

Satan

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
There's one in the for sale section at the moment with the same mods for 49500 buddy so that's your guide figure.

There's also a black car, 2011 with stage four just shy of 50k :)

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
50k or plus is the magic number im after the car has only a litchfields stage4 only done a few months ago with miltek exhaust and down pipes. Im in no rush to sell the car its just more to save a little more and hopefully go for something more exotic if possible.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I'm thinking the same thing..... I've made a few enquiries - performance/supercar garage valued mine at £38500 - MY09 (59) Black edition 35k totally stock bar y-pipe and alcons. Full history, immaculate.

I was happy with that but not sure I can be bothered with the hassle of private selling.
looked at a 22k audi S3 and got offered 28k in part ex.....

not sure im prepared to lose 10k because I cant stomach tyre kickers.

good luck with your sale if you go ahead.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
The wait is always hard but for me its giving myself a good few months to save a good amount of money and not leave myself with low funds after such an expensive purchase.

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
I'm thinking the same thing..... I've made a few enquiries - performance/supercar garage valued mine at £38500 - MY09 (59) Black edition 35k totally stock bar y-pipe and alcons. Full history, immaculate.

I was happy with that but not sure I can be bothered with the hassle of private selling.
looked at a 22k audi S3 and got offered 28k in part ex.....

not sure im prepared to lose 10k because I cant stomach tyre kickers.

good luck with your sale if you go ahead.
Is that what they offered you or what they would put the car up sale as?

£38k for a 35k mile 59 sounds like a good deal to me.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Is that what they offered you or what they would put the car up sale as?

£38k for a 35k mile 59 sounds like a good deal to me.
They would sell it somewhere between 38 and 40.

They were very honest and said if I wanted to sell them the car they'd give 31k tops or they would sell it on my behalf and I get 36k

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
If you have some time on your hands and standard parts, put back to standard, sell the mods and you'll see a slightly better return IMO

·
Registered
9,091 Posts
Each time I sell one I immediately know there's nothing else viable even though I currently hate the image and a lot of the scummy new owners who seem to be joining the fort, innit!

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
Put it up for sale on here, you may get a nibble.

The two I bought used were both ex-other forum members cars and I bought direct rather than give thousands to a dealer.

All three GT-Rs I've sold have gone via this forum to new owners too. :)

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Each time I sell one I immediately know there's nothing else viable even though I currently hate the image and a lot of the scummy new owners who seem to be joining the fort, innit!
Actually that's the issue for me really. Doing the research and decision analysis that got you into the GTR in the first place invariably means that you dismissed a whole of other contenders.
So the criteria for the kind of car you want has to have changed quite significantly, most likely through type of use or circumstances or you're bored and just want something else, but the objective reasons for the original choice still remain valid and alternatives in these areas are not as compelling. Then you get into modding to make a difference and the alternatives dwindle even further.
Hence the re-offending rate and why I haven't just jumped into a 991 GT3;)

·
Registered
9,091 Posts
I have put a deposit on the new NSX, but I wonder what modding would do to that. It looks like a step in the right direction, like a baby 918, just depends on its rarity I guess.

1 - 20 of 93 Posts