GTR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there:)
I have a few questions about a car im interested in,
I am trying to gauge what the exhaust will be like.

This is the spec,
Milltek Nissan GT-R secondary CAT bypass ‘Y’ pipe
Milltek Nissan GT-R secondary CAT bypass non resonated assembly
Milltek Nissan GT-R CAT back link pipe
Milltek Nissan GT-R CAT back rear silencer assembly

Does this mean there is still a cat? Are Miltek a good choice for the GTR ?
I have 100cell sports cats and a full non resonated system for my Rs4 and very happy with it, slight drone at 20-300mmph but can be avoided my driving in a low gear,

would this be a loud or lots of drone?
does anyone run this set up?

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
That's unresonated milltek system. Milltek are well know and it's a popular / common choice.

There are a few varieties but I would guess it will be 90mm system. It's not going to be quiet like standard but it shouldn't give you tinitus. You need downpipes for any chance of that.

You will still have the cats in the standard downpipes.

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
The non res section is the bit that may give you some drone. Easily switched over for a silenced section for a a couple of hundred quid.

There are still cats in the downpipes so will pass mot test. You can get downpipes decatted and have a sports car in the y-pipe or get downpipes with a sports cat it you want a bit more flow but want to keep it legal MOT wise.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Ah thanks:)
So it sounds a good set up?

cheers
Yeah, it's a decent set-up. Will sound good on boost but keeps a sense of calmness to the sound on motorway cruising (though you may get some drone at motorway speeds - you could get the resonated Milltek y-pipe to reduce that).

Some of the after market systems sound like you're sitting in the middle of a tempest (which is good :thumbsup:) but the Milltek is more refined ...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts