GTR Forum banner

This is brilliant, must buy

2K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  BarneyAlex 
#1 ·
Flipping weather! Got the car out the garage this morning after a mammoth detail yesterday and popped inside for 5 minutes and yep the heavens open up and its covered in dirty rain water :bawling:

Then I remembered I bought the other half a Karcher window vac, umm..., checked the blade and its nice and soft so I thought I would give a try.

It's blo*dy amazing :D the car was completely dry in no more than 5 minutes then a quick buff over with a micro fibre and it's as good as new.

This is probably the best car cleaning product I now own, the only downside is I've got to buy another one for the wife

#4 ·
Yes tons of damage, your basically rubbing grit off the road into the paint with the rubber blade, I wouldn't even recommend cleaning the car fully then using a blade to dry.

I suppose it comes down to the old question is perfect paint important to you or do you just want it clean? Let's face it millions of people use rotary mechanical car washers and are very happy

Chris

#7 ·
Is drying a car necessary? Like above, it gets rained on constantly here. And for those of us with just a hand drying car towel thing it takes ages and probably rubs more dirt in.

Last few washes I've just started leaving the car to dry after a rinse (or get rained on) this isn't going to somehow damage the paint is it?

#9 ·
Guys let me reiterate the car had been fully detailed and garaged before this went near the paint work. It was used due to a down pour while the car was on the drive.

The Pro's are right to chime in and express their concerns and point out the obvious dangers. I would not use this on the body if I had driven the car, it was purely a drying aid.

#17 ·
I bet it works quite well, and I suppose if the car has the right protection then it probably wouldnt be a problem.... If anything it will give you an excuse to use some more polish on it at a later date!
I too cant stand swirls but they cant always be avoided in everyday life.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.