GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I posted this week that I'd changed my dump valves for known good standard ones on my R32 GTR. This was due to an intermittent misfire I had.

Whilst I was at it, I removed all the hard pipes and polished them, including the HKS filter elbows.

After doing so, my boost dropped from .9 bar to only .7 bar, so you would automatically assume I had created an air leak??

Well, today I decided, for some unknown reason, to see if the connectors on my AFM's were on snugly. I inadvrtedly disconnected one while the engine was running. This caused the engine to cut out, and the EGT/Warning light to illuminate.

Here's the funny part................my max boost has returned to .9bar???

I suspected that the ECU had gone into limp mode, due to the "Air Leak", but this is the first occasion the EGT/Warning lamp has illuminated.

Any ideas anyone??

Regards

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hi Nigel,

1st)Just wondered if you have changed your dump valves OR the down pipe?!

2nd)What's the actual problem with you car, is it just boost drop, stalling or funny idling you have?

If its the dump valves you changed, are they the after market atmospheric vented ones (none recirculating), if so, this WILL causes the car stalling and funny idle.

When you say your car was running limp mode, the enigne will only rev up to 2500-3000 rpm, is this the case? therefore dont think u can reach 0.7bar?!

Regards

Skylinegtr0415

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
skylinegtr0415 said:
Hi Nigel,

1st)Just wondered if you have changed your dump valves OR the down pipe?!

2nd)What's the actual problem with you car, is it just boost drop, stalling or funny idling you have?

If its the dump valves you changed, are they the after market atmospheric vented ones (none recirculating), if so, this WILL causes the car stalling and funny idle.

When you say your car was running limp mode, the enigne will only rev up to 2500-3000 rpm, is this the case? therefore dont think u can reach 0.7bar?!

Regards

Skylinegtr0415
Hello,

I changed the Dump Valves for known good Standard ones. I also changed the Downpipe for a sheepdog item, and also fitted a De-cat.

I have no idling problems, and the car has no problems with revving. In fact, it's much smoother now??

Regards

·
Registered
61 Posts
Nigel, it does sounds weird :confused: , umm, i would check the fittings on the dump valves to see if there is any slight air leak, but i will doubt it, since i dont think your engine was running limb mode, cos you not have any revving problem.

Another suggestion is perhaps reset your boost controller (if fitted) :chuckle: .

Regards

skylinegtr0415

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Plot Thickens!!!!

I have now discovered that when I start from cold, and run the engine, without turning it off, I get 0.7 bar. Obviously I dont try any boost until it's warmed up.

If, after warming up, I stop the engine, and restart it, I get 0.9 bar.

I have no lights on the dash, and no running issues.

As the title says...this is Weird!!

Any ideas anyone??

Regards

1 - 5 of 5 Posts