GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imagine how fast the mines car would accellerate with these babies.:chuckle: might be worth buying some shares..........

·
Premium Member
4,976 Posts
Brilliant feat of engineering.

·
Registered
8,548 Posts
I'm impressed. From an engineering perspective its pure gold. I can see this being HUGE.

These Aussies are clever.......

TT

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
wow....................................:eek:
So if my engine is producing 480bhp, I'm gonna get 480bhp to the wheels?

·
Registered
624 Posts
wow....................................:eek:
So if my engine is producing 480bhp, I'm gonna get 480bhp to the wheels?
no.

cv joints, etc are only one place where power is lost. main ones being the power needed to all the moving parts (gearbox, driveshaft, etc)... will defo help! maybe if we ask nicely, they will test some of these on skylines :)

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
The problem with it making it on to cars is its complexity.

The number of bearing races and machining that would have to go in to that vs. a normal style CV would make it probably ten times as expensive as a normal CV joint. :banned:

Read about this about 2 years ago in an Engineering publication in Uni. Should maybe have paid more attention then. I could see it making it on to marine and helicopter applications and industry, but it will be a long time before it would filter down on to cars.

Incidentally, with regards to no more cracked CV boots, I'd be amazed if it didnt require a boot to prevent dirt ingress on automotive applications.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Am I the only one who noticed some lateral non-centric loading going on in the demos of that joint?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts