GTR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well lots happening and may see some of you at Goodwood tomorrow.
Thinking of heading to the Pod for a few runs at RWYB on sunday
Anyone else going??
Trying to get PMGay to run his shed up there as well.

NLW.

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
BET YA

£ 50 YOU DONT GET BELOW 12.400.

FANCY A GAMBLE?

ONE CRISP £50 NOTE IN MY POCKET FOR YOU.......

SHAME WE CANT BE THERE, TOURING CARS THIS WEEKEND AT CROFT UNFORTUNATELY, WOULD HAVE LIKED TO COME AS WELL.

HAVE FUN

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Bet

He might do that time Dirk as there are no corners , roundabouts or banks to slide down.. its all in a straight line which is how he likes it... innit M8..

·
Registered
931 Posts
Hi,

I`m thinking of going down to see if I can finish my clutch off :( Its only been in got 5 months and I think its going to die.

May see you there.

Richard

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dirkster

Good job I did not take the bet mate...
I ran a 12.59 on my first run which was not bad with a terminal of 117 mph.
Second run slightly slower but pleased overall as I only gave it 4500 off the line. Could probaby shave a few tenths off to get early 12s late 11s
But it was really hot when we ran so a cooler day could help too.
But good day and rich bell ran an early 13 but clutch was kaputt.
Still looks the dogs though.
Saw a few skylines as well on the roads outside...
a blue s plate UK 33, as well as the silver B19 GTR.

Laters.
NLW.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Hi,

I managed a 12.95 before I left but that was only dropping the clutch at 3500 any more and it just slipped !!!! Was a bit annoyed as I only fitted the clutch in january and managed a 12.85 before with a VERY knackered standard clutch !!!!

Oh well I better get saving.

Richard

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no bet

no money mate. Did not take the bet so there we go.
Lots of factors account for the runs.
was way too hot for any good runs. and I shoud have used more revs on the launch.
I know Mike S got an 11.7 with good launch and he was running similar set up at the time.
Anyway done now and not fussed as to time. I am not obsessed with beating others and proving a point.
One should be content with what one has in life.
NLW

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Oi Oi Oi !

You didnt say no to the bet earlier in the thread you git!!

Bet if you would have beat 12.4 you would have been on at me to send the crisp 50:p

Obsessed ? whom me ? of course I am, dont own a skyline to pose off for cred, I use them to the max - race, whip or be whipped, dont wash my car from one month to the next, keep it like a dustbin inside, when I do wash it it goes thru the car wash, couldnt care less, just care whether it goes fast or not.

I reckon if I emptied the boot and shite from inside I would be a few hundredths faster:D

Quote 'one should be content with what one has in life', yep I know but if you had everything you wanted and was content with everything, your life would be a little drab now wouldnt it.

Anyway, does that mean you are content with mid 12's knowing that Mike can get 11.7 from the same spec? That would bother me youre right:)

Any other Skylines run at Pod other than PMJ?

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
dirk are you blind...

PMGay did not run as he was worried about gettin his wheels dirty. His loves his white enkeis and he hates to see them dirty.:p
Rich bell ran but that was it. I saw a few GTrs on the way out but they could not sign on.
Mid 12s is fine for me mate. Want to get out more on the track so spend the time effort and money there.
Never said yes never said no to the bet did I.
There was quite a quicksih supra up there running low 12s and that was it.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Dirk!!! so, you must be worried about me beating you then....you wouldnt take my bet....he he....by the way....couldnt pick up the sunny today as something snapped off the oil cooler when it was coming out...so, thought, well what the heck, engine has to come out.....may as well put the Quaiffe in....so, bet on then???:D ;)

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Nice one Nick - i'd be happy with a mid 12. Never run a 1/4 before, so i'd be happy with anything (unless it was slower than standard spec times !!!).

Lisa, let me know how you get on with the Quaiffe !

Cheers,
Daz

1 - 15 of 15 Posts