GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you put up the details of what you've experienced? A motoring journalist is going to do a piece on this and run it past Nissan to get some more sway.

I appreciate it's all in here, but if we can centralise it, I can point him to this thread as well.

Thanks.

·
Registered
146 Posts
It appears to be an urban myth lol
I'll start then....

59 nav car
No audio or Bluetooth
Car 4.5 years old warranty refused by Nissan as car not always serviced by Nissan

·
Premium Member
3,523 Posts
09 non nav model, complete failure of unit two years ago, replaced under warranty by Nissan. Latest unit now having intermittant failure with message coming up on screen which states HDD unit failed contact dealer. Seems to be when the unit is hot.

·
Registered
247 Posts
2009 Sat nav model
3 year warranty elapsed
Battery started draining overnight.

Litchfield did the wiring mod which worked for a while then all audio dissapeared.
Contacted Nissan Bromley and John at Middlehurst who were both understanding and very helpfull but needed authorisation from Nissan customer services before carrying out fix for nothing.
Nissan customer services refused to give any goodwill geusture as my service history was only 50% with main dealers and I didnt buy the car directly from them (bought second hand). Considered 'not loyal' to Nissan. Argued with them that this was irrelevent but even though the person on the phone acknowledge the logic behind the aguement the answer was still no!

Gave them every oppertunity to give any sort of geusture which then lead to threat of court action by me.

Got a replacement (on Clarion exchange basis) fitted by Nissan Bromley, cost approx £1100. Worth saying, top service and understanding by them.

Have now started court action to recover the money, papers served, waiting for Nissans response / defence.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
59 Nav Car

Audio failed completely and no radio, cd still comes in and out.
Being a nav car it does not qualify for the extended warranty.
Good will claim put into Nissan, accepted on the fact my car is always serviced at Nissan, and 100% of the parts will now be paid for.

Just currently waiting on a time to get it booked in.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Something to do with, that they claim to have fixed the issue from nav cars onwards, clearly they did not. As the problem still persists, nav or non nav.

·
Registered
270 Posts
09 car
2nd owner
Approx 70% Nissan service history
Stage 3 and 4 mods
unit failed 1 month before 5 year anniversary, I noticed the screen started to condensate and misting up when starting from cold, after 5 minutes it cleared. After approx 1 month of this the unit failed. No audio or Bluetooth
Reported to Nissan Cambridge and was approved to be replaced. Took approx 2 weeks to arrange get sorted. All fine now, but lost all music on the HD as Nissan replace the whole unit not just the audio / amp.

·
Premium Member
2,528 Posts
Maybe nothing but are MFDs that are failing in cars that live outside?

I'm sure Ive seen posts of cars that live outside with failied speakers etc due to damp..

It could be causing a simple shorting out somwhere.

·
Registered
247 Posts

I'm sure Ive seen posts of cars that live outside with failied speakers etc due to damp..

Dont want to harp on but not fit for purpose then...

·
Premium Member
2,528 Posts

·
Registered
1,643 Posts

Nope, ever since I bought the car from day 1 it has lived inside a garage every evening.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Can a mod clean this up please? Thanks, Steve.

·
Premium Member
13,400 Posts
Keep to topic please guys, Johnny is just trying to gather information not witty comments, there's plenty of other threads for that.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
10 car; started getting intermittent response from my main switch panel, so can't operate the sat nav or demisters when its playing up.

I have contacted Nissan and have been turned down as I bought outside of the dealer network and the last service was with Litchfields not a NHPC.

Can't believe any car should be experiencing these issues, let alone Nissan's flag ship car. Nissan's attitude is disgraceful, absolutely don't care about the quality of the vehicles they sell; this will be the last Nissan I buy.

I am still trying to get this resolved and are escalating inside Nissan UK with a view to take them to the small claims court if they fail to replace the parts. The case would be made using the Sales of Goods Act 1979 and the Goods Must Be of Suitable Quality clause.

Grrrrrr

1 - 20 of 21 Posts