GTR Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cage has been trial fitted and marked, drilled etc ready to be plated, painted and fitted for good.

options....

1: Paint all the cage white (remove padding)
2: Paint all cage white, re-fit padding.
3: Paint rear half white
4: Leave as is

from Keiths car....

and as it is in mine now...

let me know

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Adam

What's the white all about?!?

If your going to paint it at all, I'd do it in chrome, or the same colour as the car..

Nice looking cage mind :)

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Luckham - the first pic is from Mr Cowies car

Adam - as PJ says how about getting the whole thing anodised blue?

·
Banned
7,219 Posts
Luckham - the first pic is from Mr Cowies car
Dont look like it to me.

Keiths got a serious cage thats actually good for the car and his safety, not a dash dodger one with bolt on rear X sections.

If the cars dark, id do it white, it works on black cars, thats for sure.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Yes Dave.
Think steve has his finger on another pulse ! :chuckle:
cokey

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Dont look like it to me.

Keiths got a serious cage thats actually good for the car and his safety, not a dash dodger one with bolt on rear X sections.

If the cars dark, id do it white, it works on black cars, thats for sure.
Yep, same picture Keith posted when he advertised it on SOC, very nearly bought it, (though at the time didn't realise it was a dash dodger!).

I'm gonna be getting mine chromed when it's made, was gonna paint it kandy but after some people on DW pointed out theirs has been scratched due to putting tyres in the back, decided chrome would be more hard wearing.

Alex B

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Whatever colour you paint it, make sure you replace padding anywhere where it is possibly for you to come into contact with it. Un-protected tubing will smash un restrained legs/arms/head/helmet very quickly if you have an off. Every bit of padding will help.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
On a black or dark grey car, it'll look best with black foam. White would get dirty quickly - and other colours fade with age. Black hides grubby foot marks best too.

Maybe leave the chromoly bars as they are, as they can look cool, but the rest of the cage should be padded for added safety.

5m of black roll cage foam padding (Also Red, White, Blue or Yellow are available): £78.30 + P&P. You'll need around 8 metres for your Cusco cage.

There’s also a clever method to putting foam on on without needing to cut, which we tell you when purchasing.

Miguel.

·
Following EJH#25
6,843 Posts
I went with body colour for my Cusco through-dash cage, looks very nice.
The door bars are polished.
All the work was done by Abbey and the dash penetrations still look perfect.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Dont drive without the padding,the chance to split your head in a crash is really big(I know it myself,had a 15cm long cut from a rollcage on my head after an assh*le in his BMW comes into my way where he doesn´t belong,so i crashed into his side some years ago) :(

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
^^^^^^ seconded^^^^

what's the point in having something to protect you is you are just going to brain yourself on it ?

and get the proper stuff too.. not exactly cheap but easy to get hold of.

/Steve

·
Registered
4,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
hear what your saying regarding the padding.

Have padding on the other cage i have too, but its a thicker cladding type padding, and i find it gets in the way.

I'm thinking about just leaving it as is, but white cages do look good on dark cars, and i'm not really into bling chromey stuff

1 - 16 of 16 Posts