GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Car is for sale at around £19k.

Looks mint and has a RB25DET put in but no mileage record of the engine.

I would love a R32 and this one is clean (although been resprayed), it is pricey but just not sure if it's worth it or not?

Can I hear some opinions? Never had a skyline but a R32 GTR would be a dream but prices are too much now, this maybe the next best thing?

I have the money but have been currently looking at Subaru Spec C hatchbacks to import from Japan but the prices of them are quite high too.

·
Registered
26,895 Posts
Then you have to get it here (30% of the value ) & you should be paying for a true inspection at USS etc

anyway best go view the 32.

·
Premium Member
2,147 Posts
I fear if you want a GTR you will never be happy if you had this.

You would probably ending up spending enough money on it you could of bought an R32 GTR in the first place.

With all these modern classics you have to look at the long terms costs rather than the purchase price

·
Registered
321 Posts
If I had your budget I would be looking at S15s (or perhaps Z32s) instead of non GT-R Skylines. You'll always wish it was a GT-R if you get the GTS..

Oh and I wish (and I suspect my wife wishes) I'd only spent 1000GBP on my R33 GT-R o_O

·
Registered
26,895 Posts
I too would be trying to secure a nice s15. (For that type of budget ) although Silvia’s have their issues too.

·
Registered
257 Posts
If I had your budget I would be looking at S15s (or perhaps Z32s) instead of non GT-R Skylines. You'll always wish it was a GT-R if you get the GTS..

Oh and I wish (and I suspect my wife wishes) I'd only spent 1000GBP on my R33 GT-R o_O
I really do just mean rubber hoses, hose clamps, and gaskets. Refreshing everything on the intake side of the engine has probably cost me 5x that. Every coolant hose I removed I no longer trust, pretty much every single hose attached to a metal hose barb was seized on with rust and removing it tore off bits of rubber from the hose even if it didn't split it completely. Some of the metal coolant fittings are fine as long as I use EPDM-compatible grease to hopefully prevent the hoses from seizing to them again but the rear block coolant fitting going to the heater core and oil cooler had significant pitting, as did the aluminum heater hose mounted to the firewall. Sanding off the rust on the others got to clean smooth metal for the most part again but it did remove the cadmium coating on the parts that had it, instead of the rainbow color it had before it's now just a silver finish. I really hope a thin smear of grease will keep it from rusting again.

The rest of the engine is going to be ugly for a while but after this I have very little will to have the car sitting on jack stands for extended periods.

·
Registered
257 Posts
To refresh a 32 you talking tens of thousands ( having been there )
I'm well aware, it's been a hilariously long journey just to get the car to where it is now. I bet it's going to be many years more before it gets to where I want it to be as well.

·
Registered
321 Posts
The problem is it creeps up on you. I realised the other day I could have bought a brand new Jaguar F-Type for the amount I've ended up spending on my build. Especially when you end up buying parts almost for the sake of it just 'to finish it off properly' :rolleyes:. If I had sat down and thought about which one I actually wanted more before I started, I'm not sure I would have ended up with a rebuilt Skyline.

Saying that however, I will have something pretty unique and special which will (hopefully) retain its value far better than dumping it into a brand new car.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts