GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't do it, it totally sucks.

How about you walk into a car dealership and start bad mouthing the prices of the cars in front of perspective buyers?

Next time the mod team finds someone thread crapping, we'll ban them.

·
6,821 Posts
Agree with that . . . I missed the true gentlemen around the table recently too.:wavey:

·
Premium Member
4,976 Posts
On one of the saab forums I'm on, if you are selling a car, only the seller can post.
All enquiries have to go via email or PM.
This does keep the sale thread quite uncluttered.
My reservation was there was no feedback about the car but to be honest, if being sold by a regular on the forum, its not that hard to find out some history behind the vehicle and seller.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
TBH if someone is selling something that is overpriced they should expect people to mention it

if someone tried to sell me some shit in the street id tell them to **** off so why not on the forum eh?

if someone came on here selling electric turbos and resistor mods we would all tell them the score

if its a car that someone does not like thats a totally different matter and they should keep their opinions to themselves really but if its a valid point i dont see an issue

·
Registered
930 Posts
Not at all. these cars are in a buyers market so if no one buy is he/she will have to drop the price but if someone is willing to spend that on that car who are you to tell them not to buy item as its to expensive.
If the seller is a crook or the product is crap and is a con then fairplay, but do not put a price on another mans pride and joy.

·
Administrator
31,883 Posts
TBH if someone is selling something that is overpriced they should expect people to mention it

if someone tried to sell me some shit in the street id tell them to **** off so why not on the forum eh?

if someone came on here selling electric turbos and resistor mods we would all tell them the score

if its a car that someone does not like thats a totally different matter and they should keep their opinions to themselves really but if its a valid point i dont see an issue

who are you to value someones car?

if i ask 20k for my GTR, i'll never get it, but its my poragative to ask that much.

if someone thinks its worth 20k, and pays it, then who's getting hurt?

nobody.

mook

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
who are you to value someones car?

if i ask 20k for my GTR, i'll never get it, but its my poragative to ask that much.

if someone thinks its worth 20k, and pays it, then who's getting hurt?

nobody.

mook

i take it you didnt read the part where i said......

"if its someones car its a different matter completely"

read the post next time?

Not at all. these cars are in a buyers market so if no one buy is he/she will have to drop the price but if someone is willing to spend that on that car who are you to tell them not to buy item as its to expensive.
If the seller is a crook or the product is crap and is a con then fairplay, but do not put a price on another mans pride and joy.
see above

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I take it by crapping ,we mean

"your car is sh1t and over priced"

and not

"I've seen you doing doughnuts in Tescos car park at 2am every sat night, so you cant say its had one careful owner"

?

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
I take it by crapping ,we mean

"your car is sh1t and over priced"

and not

"I've seen you doing doughnuts in Tescos car park at 2am every sat night, so you cant say its had one careful owner"

?

exactly what im saying!

why not say so, we all tell it like it is when someone mentions keighley trade centre and then it is "crap cars", "rip of merchants", "various voilent threats" etc

and quite rightly so i say!, thats one of the things i like about this site

·
Registered
649 Posts
Don't do it, it totally sucks.

How about you walk into a car dealership and start bad mouthing the prices of the cars in front of perspective buyers?

Next time the mod team finds someone thread crapping, we'll ban them.
This should be a sticky. I totally agree.

·
Administrator
31,883 Posts
exactly what im saying!

why not say so, we all tell it like it is when someone mentions keighley trade centre and then it is "crap cars", "rip of merchants", "various voilent threats" etc

and quite rightly so i say!, thats one of the things i like about this site
Read your own damn post

if its a car that someone does not like thats a totally different matter

this suggests posting things derogatory agaisnt a car thats cosmetically foul.

NOT saying "how much, your avin a laff!"

Mook

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
well if the car has been rolled and then cut and shut and i knew about it i would post to stop others buying a ringer....

you agree with this?

what i dont agree with is someone slating a car due to a kit or whatever but i have no problem if the person selling overpriced goods gets told to **** off which is what has happened on the recent for sale threads.....i didnt post on them but i do agree with some of them

·
Administrator
31,883 Posts
maybe we are at crossed purposes

if a car has had a dodgy history, and it can be confirmed... maybe post

if it's cosmetically foul... keep schtum

but if someone is asking a lot of money for an ordinary car, thats thier descision, and not our place to but in with "HOW MUCH!" don't post

am i right?

mook

·
Registered
118 Posts
Seems simple to me.

If someone's selling a car, exercise some discretion with your comments.

If you know the description is incorrect then it's only fair/polite to say to. It's a club after all.

If you just don't like the car and/or the price, then it's not really anything to do with you so keep schtum. If someone likes it, they'll buy it. If they don't they won't. No one loses.

Easy huh? ;)

·
Ol' School GTROC
636 Posts
sounds like the end to me. If you wanna buy, say so. use the PM. but if you're not going to buy, then don't post. simple. if you think it's dodgy, then PM the prespective buyer, but don't bad mouth someone's property. You wouldn't like it if someone did it to you....

i'm done cluttering up this thread!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts