GTR Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The pipes im talking about are located between the head and the bulkhead.There is three in total, the bottom two seen to be going to each turbo.The top one im not sure what to connect this to.
The pipes start off as metal pipes where the aac valve is.My top one is not connected to anything, should i be worried?

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick response.I have done 400 kilometres on the engine already.Everything seems to be ok.I just noticed this pipe when i was having a poke around trying to solve my high idle problem.
Im pretty sure its not a water pipe, there no water coming out of it.The rubber pipes are all approx the same size.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Right, had anothe root round today.The bottom pipe goes under the big water pipe on the intake side, and feeds the two turbo actuators.
What does the top one do?Where does it go/feed?
Any pictures would be great.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
I'm pretty sure it's water chap. you can see in your photo that the black hose is connected to the water rail.
I seem to remember, that 'T' feeds water upto the inlet manifold and ultimately on to the bleed point next to cylinder #1.

It must be connected otherwise you'd have no water in the engine/system - hopefully this isn't the case.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm pretty sure it's water chap. you can see in your photo that the black hose is connected to the water rail.
I seem to remember, that 'T' feeds water upto the inlet manifold and ultimately on to the bleed point next to cylinder #1.

It must be connected otherwise you'd have no water in the engine/system - hopefully this isn't the case.
As far as i can see the bottom one is a water feed.Its a little bigger than the other two.Im nearly sure its a vac pipe of some sort.
I was just thinking, would it be for the recirculation back into the air intake?

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just found this vac diagram.Very handy.It looks like im missing a metal pipe that goes from the back of the cylinder head to a nipple on the air intake .
Heres the pic

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
It's the pipe that goes to the vacuum canister in front of your turbo's it's there to have vacuum in the canister :D
The other pipe that goes to the canister is from the fueltank and that has it's fumes in it ;)

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi mate.Would you be able tp take a pic of the pipework.I seem to be missing mine.
I thought the vac for the canister came across the front of the engine.
Thanks

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I just had a look at that diagram again.Carbon piping in blue seems to run around the front of engine.
Pipe in red seems to go to the air intake rubber pipe.
Any pics would be appreciated.

3,666 Posts
The metal hose that in picture 4 that doesnt have any pipe fitted goes to a water outlet from the end of the inner plenum ( manifold) nothing to do with air thou .

The other 2, 1 is the bleed for the STD boost control, The other goes to the actuators.

Very easy to reconnect the wrong way then your have boost control problems.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The metal hose that in picture 4 that doesnt have any pipe fitted goes to a water outlet from the end of the inner plenum ( manifold) nothing to do with air thou .

The other 2, 1 is the bleed for the STD boost control, The other goes to the actuators.

Very easy to reconnect the wrong way then your have boost control problems.
Thanks for the reply.I have the water pipe connected correctly.
Its the top pipe in that picture im having a problem with, it goes behind my cylinder head and has a rubber hose on it, which isnt connected to anything.
Should there be a metal pipe from that to the air intake?

3,666 Posts
The water pipe is a bigger diameter than the boost control pipes, the water pipe should supply a feed via a metal pipe to a threaded connection above the rear turbo , it takes a metal pipe again that connects into the water feed to the turbo,s, actually acts as a bleed for the engine.

I am sure if you look at the coolant pipework diagram in the workshop manual you understand what I am talking about.

Mark

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sorted it today.Thanks all.
I was missing the metal pipe completely, got one.Pain in the hole to fit though.Scraped knuckles.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts