GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone remove theirs? I just noticed mine and promptly binned it. Probably doesn't improve anything even a hair, but there's an inch more of pedal travel :D

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
may be totally wrong here but just a thought. would it not have an adverse effect by opening the butterflys too much and hence effectivly starting to close them again as they pass the 90 deg mark?
just a random thought thats all.

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that occurred to me too, although wouldn't the butterflies have a stop built into them at 90 degrees? Otherwise cars would have to be calibrated to have the butterflies set wide open at the end of throttle pedal travel, and in these pre-fly-by-wire cars, cables stretch over time!

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Be prepared to change the throttle cable after a while, when it is streched and no longer opens the throttle 100%.

Then you start to look into why your car isnt as fast as it used to be, and so on and on and on... :chuckle:

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
the peddal stop is there to stop you stretching the cable. It will be shagged after a few miles and wont open the throttle properly. Put the bloody thing back in.

The way your going mate with throwing things away, well i have visions of you pulling up with just a shell and engine on display. No doors etc! Hill billy !

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
The butterflies can't open more then 90° in the inlet plenum. So no problem there, although the cable will strech and could snap in time...
So take the throttle stop out and put a long M6 bolt in with 2 nuts to tighten it up in the chassis instead. Works a treat ;)

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok, so no problems really - there is flex in the throttle pedal itself; I'm guessing Nissan designed it that way as people would be kicking it form heel-and-toe, and generally flogging it.

I'm very progressive and gentle in my throttle inputs (you have to be at this power level!) so I'm not too worried. Worst comes to worst, my engine goes to idle and won't drive, and I end up replacing a cable.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts