GTR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am after a TPS in good working order for an R32 or R33 GTR please if anyone has one they dont want then i will take it! I contacted Ron @ RK and took the only one he had in stock but require another one, and its currently over 3 weeks from Middlehurst for a new one!

Thanks very much

Stu

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
I think I have one kicking around somewhere. Whats the going price?

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Chaps, reading this has made me think mine is playing up too......defo looks that way! If there is another kicking about, please let me know!
Thanks, Ian

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
O.K i'll take it James! Pls let me know how you would like paying pls sir! I am not sure how tempramental they are but the one on the 33GTR when you move it side to side on the bracket it makes the revs spike and then the car wont start again! So i tried a nearly new one from a mate and it seemed to cure it!

Thanks for your time and input chaps!

Stu

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi James,

I unfortunately wont be able to collect in person mate, as i am based near Newcastle upon tyne! So maybe i can send a chq or pay into your account direct? Sorry!
Cheers

Stu

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
sorry for the interruption but......

Hi Stu. Good to see you are still on here. Your old cams are still in my car and running fine:cool:

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
My TPS is of a Q45 throttle(I've just remembered) so it swings the other way. Eg, shut would be 5v and WOT 0v on a GTR.

D'oh....:bawling:

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Dave,

Good to see my cams are still going strong fella! Hope your keeping well btw! Also liking the look of your car nowadays! But you NEED more stickers!!! haha! I spend most of my time on the supra atm but i will get everything sorted eventually!! My poor R33 GTR has only less than1500 miles in over 2 years which is a shame really! Cheers Stu

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Don't suppose santa brought anyone a spare TPS did they, i'm back in the market.
Thanks, Ian

·
Registered
315 Posts
Guys, what makes you think your TPS's needs replacing? What are the symptons etc...? I ask cos I have a problem with my 32 where I'll be driving along in no particular fashion (never happens when giving the beans) and from nowhere the car will die as if the ignition has been switched off, and then she'll fire up again as if nothing has happened.

Sorry if I am what you call 'hijacking a thread' but I posted my problem sometime ago, and was getting responses that were pointing to the intake of air-particularly the AFM's. I'm just not convinced by the way the car behaves that it is air-it seems to me to be electrical. If it is air, then the car would spit and cough etc etc, and would occur more than not. This is an ON/OFF scenario where there is nothing under my foot when she dies, and is EXTREMELY intermittent, which again swings me away from the f**ked/dirty AFM's cos if they are then it would be all the time. Yes/No?

And seeing this posting brings me to the possibility of it being the TPS or something related. Could it be the fuelling/pump/injectors etc?

Sorry to 'hijack'....

Ian

·
Registered
315 Posts
Ian C, I have just read your post 'is my tps goosed?' back in october and have seen that my problem seems to be VERY similar to yours. (I asked the question in your recent 'wanted' post!) In as much as I have the same idle problems, and have found the revs up in the 2k mark when warm. And the fact that you have said it seems like its over-fuelling rings true with my question/thoughts on the fuel pump/injectors...:confused:

Also, with your description of the dying-then-flying scenario it seems I would be foolish not to fit a new TPS and see what happens.:)

I know you haven't done anything, but cheers mate-its been bugging me for months!:chuckle:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts