GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the TV on in the background today, and just seen an old episode of Top Gear where Michael Schumacher reveals himself as "The Stig". 11 years ago but still brought a bit of a tear to my eye thinking about how things panned out....

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Brought a tear to my eye too. What a legend. I think Lewis will eventually be judged as equal or better in time.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Brought a tear to my eye too. What a legend. I think Lewis will eventually be judged as equal or better in time.
Michael Schumacher is my favorite racer of all time. However, that seems disrespectful to Schumi's name. Schumacher won a championship with a mediocre car and transformed Ferrari into a champion competing team again with his knowledge of cars and unity. Hamilton just joined the best team with the best car to win championships, coupled with his instagram fame, which isn't anything spectacular.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Michael Schumacher is my favorite racer of all time. However, that seems disrespectful to Schumi's name. Schumacher won a championship with a mediocre car and transformed Ferrari into a champion competing team again with his knowledge of cars and unity. Hamilton just joined the best team with the best car to win championships, coupled with his instagram fame, which isn't anything spectacular.
Have to agree to be honest; even though it isn’t that long ago I think the Schumacher era is just completely different and that sort of achievement can never be replicated.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Lewis joined Mercedes when the were nothing, have you seen the Top Gear episode where Clarkson mocks him for joining Mercedes!
Having said that I sat at Silverstone during a soaking wet British GP on the inside at Beckets complex. Hakkinen was leading and Schuy chased him down, Hakkinen spun off in front of us and Schuey prevailed.
The most amazing thing about that day was a stream of water running across the track in front of us, every driver lifted except Schuey. An absolute genius. Like Lewis or not I think he will be judged to be at least equal with Schuey

·
Registered
273 Posts
I think you'll find there is a GT-R driver on here who could beat all those mentioned.... or so we've been told.
I sense that someone's trousers have been ruffled ;)

Lewis joined Mercedes when the were nothing, have you seen the Top Gear episode where Clarkson mocks him for joining Mercedes!
Having said that I sat at Silverstone during a soaking wet British GP on the inside at Beckets complex. Hakkinen was leading and Schuy chased him down, Hakkinen spun off in front of us and Schuey prevailed.
The most amazing thing about that day was a stream of water running across the track in front of us, every driver lifted except Schuey. An absolute genius. Like Lewis or not I think he will be judged to be at least equal with Schuey
Lewis joined a Mercedes team where Michael Schumacher helped develop the V6 era car. He was in the V8 car for 1 year before Mercedes pushed FIA for the V6 requirement, and it is worth mentioning he was behind Rosberg most of the time with the V8s. After that, the rest was history and he has been winning championships with ease ever since with a superior car. Not surprised. If you put him into a current Williams car I doubt he would have been heard of. I can't see Hamilton compared to Schumacher, since even Schumacher as a rookie was snapping at Senna's heels with a poor Benetton car. Hamilton? He just goes where the fastest car is at. Sort of like a gold digger going to the man with the most cash.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts