GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seem cant to find the cause of this ticking noise, that sounds like a stone stuck to a tire, which comes out at around 100kph.

Sometimes its not there.

I check all the bolts, the attessa fluid etc.

When the noise is there, it progresses with my speed, if increase my speed, it also goes up.

Frustrating to say the least!

Any ideas?

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They weren't split, but how would that make a noise similar to a stone caught in a tire?

Maybe I should grease the CV joints?

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
I don't think you need to grease them if they weren't split. I had the same symptoms as yours, noticed there was some grease inside the wheel arches and found out it was because the CV boot had split and lost all grease.

It started off like a stone stuck in a wheel but got progressively worse to a clunk every time I turned the car (both front of mine were gone).

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok let me check them thoroughly. I didn't really examine them thoroughly since I was checking for loose suspension bolts.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just checked them today and they are split!

I hope I can find them tomorrow.

I searched and saw that the one for 95 Nissan Maxima should work.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Which ones are they? Front inner outer/driver/passenger it
Might be worth buying genuine ones from RB Motorsport. Just did some on an R33 GTR last week and some of the OEM ones come with circlips and drive shaft end plates as really you need to dismantle the cv joint if your using OEM boots which you can't stretch like the cheaper generic ones.
It's a big old job hoping its the pass side for your sake buddy.:)
Cheers
;)
Bob

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Which ones are they? Front inner outer/driver/passenger it
Might be worth buying genuine ones from RB Motorsport. Just did some on an R33 GTR last week and some of the OEM ones come with circlips and drive shaft end plates as really you need to dismantle the cv joint if your using OEM boots which you can't stretch like the cheaper generic ones.
It's a big old job hoping its the pass side for your sake buddy.:)
Cheers
;)
Bob
Well for now, I can confirm the right front outer one is broken. I have to have them fully check the others when its on the lift. Tnx.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks CSB because your diagnosis was correct! After changing the busted CV boots, the noise has gone.

Really appreciate the inputs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts