GTR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. Question for you all.
Had a full service done with a replacement injector loom and a few days later noticed this noise. It doesn't get any louder under load (can't hear anything when under load) but completely stops as soon as I release the throttle.
Is it just injector noise? 99% sure it was never there.
They are 1100cc injectors btw and car runs fine.

Any info would be great thanks

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hey all. Question for you all.
Had a full service done with a replacement injector loom and a few days later noticed this noise. It doesn't get any louder under load (can't hear anything when under load) but completely stops as soon as I release the throttle.
Is it just injector noise? 99% sure it was never there.
They are 1100cc injectors btw and car runs fine.

Any info would be great thanks
I’ve got the same issue on a Litchfield 4.25 with same injectors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,395 Posts
That does not sound rite to me, that sounds way to tapity, id get that checked out properly

·
Premium Member
521 Posts
Doesn't sound right to me - I know what ID1100 injectors sound like and they are nothing like that. Not sure what injectors Litchfield use but can't believe that sounds normal.

·
Premium Member
521 Posts
Definitely not injectors, could be timing chain.
Could be. I've read several posts before where owners reported/thought they has a misfire/bad injector/faulty sparkplug and it turned out to be a stretched timing chain - something to do with the tensioners and the chain "eating" into the casing.

·
Registered
190 Posts
What brand of injectors are you running?
I'd let Litchfield listen and comment.
My ID1050X did tick some, but your sound is worse. Could ofc be due to how the phone picks up the sound.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi Guys, the sound pretty much goes when the car is warmed up and when you let off the throttle it goes.
It is booked with Litchfield for next week for them to inspect so I will keep the thread updated.
Vid of it after a drive

1 - 13 of 13 Posts