GTR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a bit of work done on my GTR today and we have seen that the nut of the rear driveshaft came loose,only held by the security clip....never had that opened befor,so Nissan clearly dind´t make their work correct(as usual)......

after a short testdrive i have to say,my car is less noisy,nearly back to like new condition....:thumbsup:

Alex

PS: This was not the only screw/nut that isn´t tightened correctly...both nuts of the front steeringarms are normaly very loose...you can open them up with just a finger on the spanner......allso the screw that holds the rear damper to the axle is normaly very easy to move another 1/4 turn.....try it,you wont believe it how many "loose" screws youll find :sadwavey:

·
Registered
816 Posts
Scary stuff when you think about *ahem* how fast we may, or may not driven these cars at some point.

Think of how many times you commit to a corner with over 0.9 on your G meter! You don't want things coming loose.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Scary stuff when you think about *ahem* how fast we may, or may not driven these cars at some point.

Think of how many times you commit to a corner with over 0.9 on your G meter! You don't want things coming loose.
Esspecialy screws that hold your wheelbearings together or your steering.....:eek::eek:

·
6,821 Posts
Esspecialy screws that hold your wheelbearings together or your steering.....:eek::eek:
Good call,

Makes Toyotas pedal issue look like cheese cake.

At least Nissan doesn`t need to recall 8million GTRs:chuckle::chuckle: . . but would be cool to point this matter out to you local ministry of transport . . . !

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just checked my other GTR which a bought a 2 month ago with a slight damage on the right front....Nov 09 Satnav model....nobody ever worked on it...left side steeringarm,you can open the nut with a spanner and just 2 fingers...it is maybe tightend with 15nm......should get minimum 50-60nm...(right side wasn´t that tight too,but worked on it a few weeks ago,so left that one out...)

rear dampers 1/8 turn with just a short spanner...no problem,imagine what you can do with a correct tool......

rear driveshaft.....it was maybe tightend with 80nm...should get a lot more.....does Nissan these Supersportscars sell as premounted kitcars,i mean i know that Lotus was involved in the chassis,but that doesn´t mean they just do all screws handtight...:mad:

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
I´ve seen the loose nuts on the steering rods on my car and always check it on my customers cars. Very common.

Need to check some more nuts, me thinks. :D

/P

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
same experience here, servicing tranny last weeks on one car. lot's of nuts not tightened[/QUOTE

And i was thinking only my car was made on a monday morning :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts