GTR Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been getting lots of pm`s about this valve so i thought i make a post about my experience with this.

There is some info on the tilton website for this valve: Tilton Engineering - Brake, Flow Control Valves

Basicly what this valve does is, restrict the return of fluid from the clutchslave cylinder.
So when you press the clutch in, there is full flow, but when you release, there becomes a slow delay, and that way takes away most of the shock that occures when clutch engages.

This valve is mostly reccomended for people with unsprung twin / triple plate clutches.

The valve comes with 3 different size orifice / nozzles (.021”, .028” & .040”).
The smallest one has most restriction, and makes the clutchreturn very slow.

It comes already innstalled with the .040" orifice. I did try that, and it made a small difference, but still some shock in the trans during gearchange.
So i decided to try the smallest, and in my opinion it made the return to slow, car became "wierd" to drive, since the clutchreturn between all gearchanges became to slow.

I currently have the middle orifice (.028") installed, and it has taken away 80-90% of the shock during fast gearchanges. :clap:

Been to the track 3times after i broke 3rd gear earlier this summer. And no problem at all.

Here is a small clip, it shows how slow the return becomes with the smallest orifice installed.
This must be perfect for people on the dragstrip. It will give the perfect slip each and every time off the line! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
366 Posts
Quote ...... "this valve is mostly reccomended for people with unsprung twin / triple plate clutches"

Flatshift with an unsprung clutch on a stock box and this is the scenario.............."Oh $hit.............i've just destroyed 3rd gear.......AGAIN... :runaway:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts