GTR Forum banner

time for a change

893 views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  matty32 
#1 ·
as i hardly use my car these days im beginning to think that all the hard earned money ive pumped into it is a bit of a waste (as the wife keeps telling me):blahblah:
the old LM has turned into a garden ornament , a bland looking ornament!
dont get me wrong i love the car but with work and kids i dont get the time to use it. so im thinking of taking the engine back to normal and concentrating on turning the bland into something nicer!
so there will be some really low milage engine goodies for sale soon

i reckon a 400R front end, nismo spats and nismo bonnet with ganador mirrors and a devil wing might make it alot easier on the eye and maybe entice me to use it more!

a quick question on the bonnets, do they have rainwater traps/channels to stop the engine getting wet through the vents?

#6 ·
i dont want to sell it, i'd lose a fair bit of money:nervous:

all parts would be sprayed same colour apart from rear wing ,so it would be subtle differences

i'd defo keep all original parts as i have done with turbos etc!!

still be an LM though, just with a wonderbra on:D

#9 ·
Would you use it when you've fitted the wonder-bra?
If so, cool, if not, why spend more money that you won't want to lose!
Maybe buy a car cover ? ;)

Pardon my ignorance, but I assume an "LM" is a special edition of some kind. The moment you mess with it, can you sell it as an "LM" anymore? I thought the special editions held their value better untouched?

#11 ·
probably not, but the money from the turbos ,cams ,oil pump, injectors etc would cover the exterior parts and then some,
its not the fact that i dont want to lose money its the engine mods that i feel are a bit of a waste.

the only difference with the LM is the colour, so i dont think unmolested examples go for any more.

#10 ·
i reckon a 400R front end, nismo spats and nismo bonnet with ganador mirrors and a devil wing might make it alot easier on the eye and maybe entice me to use it more!
I like your train of thought..... I'm already in the process of doing alot of what you've mentioned :thumbsup:

Look forward to seeing how you get on and what you go for :).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.