1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,870 Posts
most people say alcon

·
Premium Member
3,733 Posts
Had Alcon OEM size and Streetmaster fitted by Iain and have been much better than my APs were. No noise and stopped very well on ring and from 180 plus on Autobahn. Needed good bedding in though. Not crazy pricing and appear best cost performance compromise on market.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Just fitted 400mm Alcon fronts, 380mm rears with Pagid RS29 pads.

20k miles on original OEMs. Pads less than half worn, only 1 small crack on the OEM pads. Pads were pretty glazed to be fair.

Only just bedded in the new anchors but I'm gobsmacked just how good they are. Car now feels it needs more power as the brakes just scrub off massive speed instantly.

Very,very impressed. Wholly recommend.

Satan

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts

20k miles on original OEMs. Pads less than half worn, only 1 small crack on the OEM pads. Pads were pretty glazed to be fair.

Only just bedded in the new anchors but I'm gobsmacked just how good they are. Car now feels it needs more power as the brakes just scrub off massive speed instantly.

Satan
This is the set up I have and its very good!

·
Registered
101 Posts

Satan
How much was this set up mate?

·
Registered
924 Posts
How much was this set up mate?
To be totally honest mate I bought them through work over 2 years ago so I don't have the receipt and at my age memory not so good!!!

Not cheap. Think the price has dropped lately compared to what I paid. Just shop around and haggle hard.

Sorry I can't help but don't want to give you a wrong guess.

Satan.

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
How did you bed yours in? I just went out and did 3 medium stops and 3 hard / heavy stops.

Following day just used as normal. Only have a 100 miles on them so far.

Satan
the same really but they were heavy stops!!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Ok thanks guys.

Will shop around soon when need replacing but it's good to have a rough idea and different options.

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
Out of interest, how many miles have you done on them and how is the wear on Discs and Pads please?

Satan
Ive done some 5k road miles since they were fitted a year ago and the Bruntingthorpe Asda day which is very hard on the breaks, still plenty left on the discs and pads. I recon with similar annual use they should last me another 2 years at least.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Ive done some 5k road miles since they were fitted a year ago and the Bruntingthorpe Asda day which is very hard on the breaks, still plenty left on the discs and pads. I recon with similar annual use they should last me another 2 years at least.
I was hoping with everyone saying the original discs were soft that using the supposedly kind RS29 pads that we would get a bit more than that!

Not a cheap do these 35's!!

Satan

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
I was hoping with everyone saying the original discs were soft that using the supposedly kind RS29 pads that we would get a bit more than that!

Not a cheap do these 35's!!

Satan
I may get more they may do 30K road miles, the discs look like new and the pads have plenty left on them after 5k miles and a track day. Another 2 years was a real guess

·
Registered
924 Posts
I may get more they may do 30K road miles, the discs look like new and the pads have plenty left on them after 5k miles and a track day. Another 2 years was a real guess
Oh thank fu*k for that!!

I thought you meant the discs were a third worn after 5k miles!!

You had me worried there for a moment :)

Satan.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts