GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every year I try to give back a little, usually to children. I have 3 events in mind this year and the first one is something a bit different. Usually I try and aim any charity work at children with disabilities or just families that haven't had a good start / time but this time I think I would like to try and use our leverage towards children 12-17 that are either carers for siblings within the family or children that have made a difference to someone's life in or out of school.

I'm looking for 1-3 more people who can donate a day, some cash and a lot of enthusiasm. I don't know at this time what format this might take but it might involve:

1. A day out with the car, maybe a track or maybe a trip somewhere nice
2. A gift around the car you bring, maybe a model of the car and or some apparel.
3. A happy fun time with your passenger.

I appreciate this may not be for everyone as it does involve making a bond with that person for the day and potentially longer. If you can't help directly I'll be pestering for a little donation closer to the time.

I have shamelessly ripped off the idea from here: GTR Owners Make a Kids Dream a Reality - YouTube

Anyone's thoughts welcome before I approach the relevant people like SIBS and local Schools.

·
Premium Member
3,381 Posts
If you are taking the children out for a day it will be a requirement to have an adult family member with them for fairly obvious reasons. When I'm working as an ARDS instructor we allow under 16s to do the skid training but the instructors who work with them must be CRB checked. I think a skid car would be the last place there is likely to be any issues!

·
Premium Member
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you are taking the children out for a day it will be a requirement to have an adult family member with them for fairly obvious reasons. When I'm working as an ARDS instructor we allow under 16s to do the skid training but the instructors who work with them must be CRB checked. I think a skid car would be the last place there is likely to be any issues!
Damn your right Id over looked the CRB checks. Let me look into that as I know its per workplace / contact, but unsure what the situation is if its a direct relationship with the families.

·
Premium Member
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Indeed and comments like that get misinterpreted and are on the internet forever so do be careful chap.

·
Premium Member
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok well as long as its clear. On a lighter note i had to be Crb checked in Dec to accompany my own daughter on a school trip! Step too far....? Maybe.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Depending on date I'm more than happy to give some time and donations.

I have a CRB check already all clear, I need one to keep my taxi rented out, as even though I don't drive it no more, I still need to be insured on it as the owner to rent it out.

·
Premium Member
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This stuff really has gone mad.

Thanks Dean.

1. Vernonjones
2. DeanKenny

·
Premium Member
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Matt thats great thanks. I could do with some lessons too!

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
I did the ASDA On Your Marks Day and it was superb. If you can guarentee a weekend and I'm not on holiday, I'll happily put myself forward.

I'm BC/SC cleared and have a Disclosure Scotland

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Great idea Vernon. I would be happy to donate when you get it sorted.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Would be very happy to donate my time to this and get any reasonable clearances done to do so. Pls keep me posted.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts