GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spent the day at Elvington on Saturday, most excellent fun..

I found after lunch that I had this much tread (below) left on the tyres.. and THEN i started to chuck it down with rain.. which I thought would ruin things.

Did I stop ? Nah.. it gave me even more opportunity for some gooning around.. managing lock-to-lock series of tail slides for some 200 metres.

Even got some movies

http://www.jimbocam.com/elvington/v8/DVw-elv8-skyline.mpg

A testament to the car really, being able to retrieve the car from 90+ degree slides.. with an idiot like me at the controls.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Got your money's worth out of those tyres

They don't even look like they ever had a tread! :D

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
LOL

Looks like you had some fun geezajob ! I bet your Discovery and trailer came in handy !:) .
Let us know how you get on with the SO3 s if you go for those.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hehe, yeah.. I did have a few comments like "You're not driving home on those are you ?"

t'was an amazing looning day.. if you can get to Elvington when it's raining.. you really should go !

Time to ring round for the best price SO3s

Or given how quickly I go through them (1 set = 3 track days = 1 month) I think I should see if I can find cheaper alternatives !

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Slicks

It's just an idea but I plan to ,funds allowing ,get a set of cheap rims and sticl slicks on ! I think it will be alot cheaper than buying a set of boots every 2/3 trackdays !:(

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not a bad idea..

let me know what you find out..

(having said that.. how does the car handle the increased loads that slicks put on the running gear (when dry) ? )

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
try Bracknell Tyres...

they are dirt cheap for tyres...
for 245/45 17s:
Falken FK451 - 99 pounds
Goodyear Fi - 120 pounds
SO2s - 150 pounds.

Not sure for the 18s on yours. But they did quote me the following:

Falken FK 451 (265/35/18) - 125 pounds.[/B]

All prices fitted and incl. vat.