GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
9,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after using a stock plenum for many years which came with NOS ports I decided to go for a Nismo air collector (plenum as some people call it)

Some obvious differences when looking at them both side by side. Longer runners to help with low down power and torque as well as addressing the no1/6 cylinder fuelling.

Also the awesome guys downunder at Haltech sent me this - a dedicated patch loom for the Elite 2500. Much better design than the crappy Boomslang one which I had to rewire to make the best out of it, but being picky I wanted this one.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Interested in seeing what differences the nismo plenum brings. I have heard other ppl say the mid areas are improved. Smaller too so possibly a liiiiittle easier to work under heh

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interested in seeing what differences the nismo plenum brings. I have heard other ppl say the mid areas are improved. Smaller too so possibly a liiiiittle easier to work under heh

Will be interesting to see how it improves as car already has a strong low and mid range performance so this should just help some more.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Will be interesting to see how it improves as car already has a strong low and mid range performance so this should just help some more.
Yep looking fwd to hearing your findings as I keep goggling at the nismo plenum too hehe

·
Registered
9,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My car is going the direction I'm taking it. Every mod done thus far has delivered. Just carefully planning parts and understanding how they match up with the rest.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
That was my plan but not sure because I'd need two sets one for an R32 and one for an R34 as I have R34 front seats.
Ah yeah remember you saying that. It may be worth an email to the guys at rhdjapan perhaps and ask em. Can but try I guess?

·
Registered
9,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ah yeah remember you saying that. It may be worth an email to the guys at rhdjapan perhaps and ask em. Can but try I guess?

I'd rather not deal with those lot at RHD after spending a lot of money with them for years their service is like a chocolate teapot when there is an issue. You are met with arrogance and they somehow try to put the blame elsewhere but themselves.

My quarter panel got delivered with out any insulation or foam that despite me adding into the notes to ensure it was well packed against damage. Lucky for me DHL did a great job shipping it to me with no damage. This is just one example of a list of issues.

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
Got the plenum on yet, Younes? Come on, chop chop! Want to see some pics! :chuckle:

Seriously though, very interested to see your results, this is high on my want list, hopefully after clutch and gearbox is done and I have my haul of Nismo parts on! Are all you keeping it stock, or going for a painted look?

·
Registered
9,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Busy with work at the moment so will get around to doing this the same time I replace my engine harness. Stock look and then will get the Nismo inlet air pipe for the R32.

·
Premium Member
3,772 Posts
I put a new loom on mine during the rebuild. Worth every penny as a 25+ year loom in a hot turbo engine bay is pretty crusty.

·
Premium Member
3,772 Posts
I bought mine, nissan original brand new, from a US ebay seller. Just the main engine loom. Can't remember exact price but it was under £300 shipped, probably 5 years ago now.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts