GTR Forum banner

41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
M4 prob not doing too well simply because ppl in that market just have the "well I'll just get the M3 that's the one to have.. or an M5" it's maybe just a bit too close to them but they are plenty fast and they look Stunning imo.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
M4 prob not doing too well simply because ppl in that market just have the "well I'll just get the M3 that's the one to have.. or an M5" it's maybe just a bit too close to them but they are plenty fast and they look Stunning imo.

Absolutely I think so. They are visually stunning and performance to match. 6 cylinder twin turbo engine with a 7sp gearbox is hard to beat. Reminds me of a modern RB26.

BMW M4 review - specifications, price and 0-60 time | Evo

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
I would disagree, prefer the handling of the M4 and yes I did test drive both with a view to buy. M2 is a little too small for my liking.
M2 is hardly smaller and it also handles much better.

Its a well balanced car unlike the M4.

It also sounds so much better and the 7 speed DCT is great.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
https://youtu.be/GnxXLM16gNg

I actually didn't realise they have canned the M3 And it was a replacement so I learnt something heh

My mate took me out in his F60 M5 and that thing was a time machine.. it just wafted up to 140mph so easily it was crazy and super refined and comfy. But yeah I do wish it sounded better it felt very sedate. This M4 sounds nicer I think overall but yeah a bit more roar would be cool

Bloody ace car tho it seems bigger yet 80kg lighter and then loads of extra features on it

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
https://youtu.be/GnxXLM16gNg

I actually didn't realise they have canned the M3 And it was a replacement so I learnt something heh

My mate took me out in his F60 M5 and that thing was a time machine.. it just wafted up to 140mph so easily it was crazy and super refined and comfy. But yeah I do wish it sounded better it felt very sedate. This M4 sounds nicer I think overall but yeah a bit more roar would be cool

Bloody ace car tho it seems bigger yet 80kg lighter and then loads of extra features on it

That's right they canned the M3 coupe and some would argue this is the real replace for it.

https://youtu.be/YZdGvkPwsqE

·
Registered
9,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Removed the 24 year old transmission harness and knock sensor harness and replaceded with brand new ones. Cannot underestimate the importance of good electrical connections to all the sensors and control systems.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Agreed did a bundle of this on mine too and covered alot of the wiring with that plastic sleeve stuff that I salvaged from crashed focuses in the scrap yard heh. Helps protect em a little!

·
Registered
9,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Agreed did a bundle of this on mine too and covered alot of the wiring with that plastic sleeve stuff that I salvaged from crashed focuses in the scrap yard heh. Helps protect em a little!

Sure does but the once from wiring specialties comes with it.

·
Registered
9,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
So the only thing left to do now is to find connectors for the neutral switch and reverse switch. Unfortunately the people who worked on my car some years back cut the connectors off on the switch side - so now need to try and source some! This is what happens when inept or dumb people work on your car :rolleyes:

·
Registered
9,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Fuel pressure sensor for ecu engine protection. Plenum on but I wouldn't do one again with the engine in after lost or scraped knuckles and cuts as well as ancillary removal and other nonsense.

·
Registered
9,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
You should if you have the stock airbox. Mine was bastardised with pod filters and bits missing lots of Oem parts and even the factory recirc. All sorted now. Just prefer the stock look.

This is the inspiration

41 - 60 of 69 Posts