GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
8,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Talk about slate a car off completely with ill researched facts. Typical of Autocar again, I suppose. 1st time I bought it in a year, now I know why.

Cem

·
Registered
520 Posts
LOL... you had me worried then Cem. I thought 'There's no point in me visiting blowdog.com anymore, I dont want to read about a bloody NSX'. :D

I agree with you both. Autocar is not that good.

·
Registered
39 Posts
To confirm:

My friend bought an NSX about 9 months ago, and I have to say it is an awesome car. Lovely noise, amazing handling.

I bought my skyline on Friday.

My friend is now changing his car.

Nuff said

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
Nick....exactly!! An NSX is a great car in isolation, superb noise, great handling and still going relatively strong after 12 years. But compared to a GTR....well I don't think so!!

You just have to see them together in a circuit to realize how much slower NSXs are....manic noise but not too much of anything else!

Autocar should stick to what it knows best....new car scoops and boring road tests! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
8,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would be the 1st person to credit the merits of another car, the NSX is without doubt a technical and aesthetic marvel. Every car has it's strengths and weaknesses, as does the Skyline.

What really pi55es me off is when reviews are conducted in such a haphazard fashion, logic and factual journalism is replaced by hearsay and gossip! All this talk about rolling roads, gentlemans agreements, no internal work etc. etc.

There are so many instances of guesswork on that article, I often wonder if the reviewer actually drove the cars!

I should become a space journalist. I watched Star Wars a few times so I must be qualified?

Cem

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Comparisons

Gutter Journalism at its best. Page fillers written by cheapo journos.

Not being a saddo guys but thats why I never buy car mags.

glen (ok I do buy EVO :D )

·
Registered
48 Posts
nsx

Yeah nsx is a bit long in the tooth and you cant beat the skyline for drivebility compared to the nsx's high revving engine to achieve horsepower.Mind yah would'nt mind the mugen version:)

·
Registered
326 Posts
Having read the this weeks issue, I think it was a combination of bad editing and sending a boy to do a mans job, the editor paraphrased out of context, the remark on the skylines looks, for instance (which made him the only person I have ever heard who is into cars, dislike the looks of the R34) and someone who didn't really know what they were talking about

I think the first article on the 3 italian supercars was exellent and nothing more than you would expect from an experienced journalist like Steve Sutcliffe, he loved all 3 cars he was testing, acknowledged he couldn't compare them fully as one was still a protetype and came up will exellent conclutions, not biased in any way.

Which was exacly the opposite to what Chris Harris did in the Skyline Vs NSX article, I am the first person to acknowledge that every one is entitled to there opinion, but he went into the drives with pre conceived ideas. Didn't likes it looks, thought it wouldn't be able to handle, then said it was too big not as agile as an NSX, critised the handling on a motorway all of which, I guarantee that every member on this site would disagree with. Then tested the NSX against the 911, I will acknowledge I am biast toward the 911, I do have one, however, to say its a close call between the NSX and the 911, I wouldn't even put them in the same league, I actually disagreed with his original statement of it Trouncing a 348 Ferrari,(which was comming to the end of its life) which is a magical little car, yes the 355 did move it onto a whole different level, but the original NSX isn't fit to lick the boots of the little Ferrari, a fairer comparison would be to a Supra or 300ZX. No offence meant to either one, I used to have the 300ZX and loved it.

but that is the reason Autocar isn't what it was, most of the good journalist have left and replaced by inexperienced people and if I was Steve Sutcliffe, i would be giving evo a call.

well that is my little rant ovr with and of course is IMHO:)

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
NSX is a good 2nd car, since they require very little maintance, they are like a pretty and fast Accord.

They are good car to drive when the GTR is in the shop getting tune up parts :p

Replace the GTR with the NSX, yeah that is very funny, I won't even trade my R34 GTR with a 360 Modena :rolleyes:

Jeff

·
Registered
961 Posts
simon

off the subject i know

how much was the 355 ish?, i dont want too be rude!

and what might it cost to bring the gt-r to 750 bhp +?

·
Registered
326 Posts
Gu51 80Y,

Cheeky!!;) Well I have a little advantage thats what I do, bring over cars like the 355 to this country, but when I do it for a client say 355 GTS F1 like mine would be about £60,000 ish and as for the conversion, I haven't had the full quote back yet, but I would expect it to be between 20-30K not including the car, which will be about 35K, so about 60K

·
Registered
961 Posts
i know were my dosh would go !
but the 355 has got the re - sale value!
and the .... sorry cant think of anything else !! lol

·
Registered
326 Posts
GU51 80Y,

The 355 is one hell of a car, I haven't driven better yet, I doubt even the tuned Skyline could quite hit the same spots, tht will also work oin reverse as well.

As for the estimate for the tuning, that has now been revised, (cheers Guy) to about 45k without the car. But I should find out for definite in the next few days after speaking to Mark.

·
Registered
961 Posts
just messing !

i understand the 355 has been refined to a pure driving expirience
and is special for that !

the skyline is the same but jap style!

·
Registered
326 Posts
if you take it today, I will chuck in 4 wheels, gear stick and an engine, all for £1million, can't say fairer than that.

Go on you know you want to....

1 - 20 of 61 Posts