GTR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When should this be done???

And has anyone got the part number for the R33 GTR belt??

Also is there a replacement mileage/time for the oil pump??

Cheers

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
The book interval for the timing belt is 54000 miles on a std tune car. it may also be 5 yrs old as well - worth checking the age. I spoke with a few people on this as my car is of the right age to be needing one and the people in the know all agreed that they had never heard of one going on an age related issue and was usually done on mileage alone. still there is always a first time I suppose..

don't know about the pumps though.

/Steve

go to www.separts.co.uk and look it up I am sure they will have the part number.

Shin's site may be worth a look he may have nismo ones on offer or something..

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers mate for the info.

As you say yourself; the book says 54k for a std. tune car. So what would it be on a stage 1 car roughly??

Also whats the differnce between the NISMO one and stock??

Cheers

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
I have no idea of the service intervals for stage 1 tuned cars. best speaking to Abbey, Rod Bell or Gary .

I mentioned Nismo because the prospec site has a lot of nismo items. don't know on the technical side of it.
They also have a lot of Top secret, mines etc.. check it out.

you could try the local nissan garage, they may have the disk for it, if not they will be able to ask Middlehurst.

/Steve

·
Registered
8,967 Posts
The consequences for not changing it every 5 years or, I would hazard a guess, <40k miles on a stage 1 car are so dire, it doesn't bear thinking about. :eek:

Once you've done it once, it's quite easy. I found it terrifying, that first time of starting her up after you've fitted it, praying that you got it right. If in doubt in any way, get one of the experts to do it, it's simply not worth the risk, IMO.

I've no idea what the difference between the Nismo belt and either a Nissan or Blueprint, etc. one is other than it's something like three times the price....!

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is the timing belt easily available from Middlehurst???

So Peter you would say around the 40K mark on stage 1. Mines only done 29K at the moment, so still has time.

·
Registered
709 Posts
I've got a brand new standard timing belt if you're interested - £30 + Postage. PM me if you're interested.

Talat.

·
Registered
994 Posts
I`ve got the Nismo timing belt,and yes it`s 3x the price Peter.
Why,Harrods vs Woolworths,say no more.

Henry:p ;) :D :smokin:

·
Registered
8,967 Posts
r33 v-spec said:
Is the timing belt easily available from Middlehurst???

So Peter you would say around the 40K mark on stage 1. Mines only done 29K at the moment, so still has time.
It's only a guess, best check it out with one of the experts. You know what sod's law says.... :)

Henry,

I knew you'd only have the best. Me, I'm a Woolies man.... :(

Mark said I can take your car for a spin tomorrow, see how she goes now, that OK? :p

Peter.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Peter,
:D Are you sure the old neck muscles are up to it mate.:D

BTW leave a 30k deposit with Uncle Tony;)

Henry:)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Rubber does degrade with age, the car is four years old but hasn't done the 48k, service book quotes 48k or 4yrs which ever is sooner. (UK service book)

I changed mine at 4yrs, the car had only covered 24k miles.

When you get a new belt, you get a little sticker with it so that you register the milage on change over & just above that it says to be changed 100000km i.e. next change in 60k miles.

But the UK or Middlehurst quote 48k or 4 years.

If the car is in tuned state then as Peter E says those intervals should be shorter to be safe & even shorter I would say if the car is in an advance state of tune.

Best Regards

·
Registered
8,967 Posts
Henry said:
Peter,
:D Are you sure the old neck muscles are up to it mate.:D

BTW leave a 30k deposit with Uncle Tony;)

Henry:)
Henry,

She did feel pretty strong have to admit and the old neck muscles were fine. We only went through 2 cameras so you should still have your license. I'm sure the damage isn't as bad as it looks though. :)

Ritesh,

Yes, I spoke to Tony about the belt yesterday and he confirmed that age is as relevant as mileage so as you said, better to be safe than really sorry.

Peter.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts