GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi

had to do the ignition timing on the GTR at the weekend...

i done a search on here and on SOC before i went ahead and it seems that there are a lot of people who dont understand how the system works...

the car has no HT leads and this means you need to use a bit of wire sticking out of the loom for the NO1 sparkplug refrence...

some people cant get a good siginal from this....others say to try the sensor in different orentiaions until you get a signinal and then use the highest number..

i didnt bother trying any of that TBH, i simply put a HT lead inbetween the coil and the plug and it worked fine......well its obvious really eh

hopefully people will find this thread in the future via the search function and save themselves some time.....i have pics of how it was done but i think you get the picture?

regards, brian

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jeez, it must be well hidden becauswe i done a search and didnt find anything about it..

but then i was searching for "ignition timing" and not "HT lead" i guess...

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Thats how we did it :)

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
Same here exactly how i did mine

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Do you have to take the CAM belt cover off to do the timing? Or can you twist the CAS with the cover still on.

I loosen the 3 bolt on the CAS sensor, but that sensor is super tight and won't move an inch by hand. didn't try a rubber mallet yet as I am not sure.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Do you have to take the CAM belt cover off to do the timing? Or can you twist the CAS with the cover still on.

I loosen the 3 bolt on the CAS sensor, but that sensor is super tight and won't move an inch by hand. didn't try a rubber mallet yet as I am not sure.
It usually get stuck pretty good. Just loosen it without the engine running, so that it is loose when you start the engine.

Mind your fingers, the radiatorfan kan do some damage to them :)

Asim...

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Tap it round gently, you wont be able to move it accurately enough by hand :)

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
Thats what I did on mine too, And I must check it again soon but my light has given up, They are not so readily available these days are they ?

·
Registered
130 Posts
I used the #1 trigger wire by the rear of the driver cam cover and had no problems.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts