GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picking my new gtr up on Sunday. Wondering whether I shud tint it? Also shall I go for 35% or 50% all round

·
Premium Member
5,802 Posts
isnt it tinted enough as stock??? its bad enough seeing out the back as is.

·
Registered
24 Posts
So what you are saying Adam is that I would look pretty fly and be a cool guy IF only I had picked Limo black as an option :rolleyes:

Honestly I enjoy every last little bit of the sun when it's out here why hide away from it ?

If you want extra privacy, why not just install an electrochromic film.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Tint it...looks cool and if you get the correct %% you'll see out OK. Mine is tinted...Bought it like it and when i've been in a standard, "non additional tinted" GT-R IMO far to bright.....I like the dark aspect especially on my DMG 35:)

·
Registered
924 Posts
Do not tint ANYTHING forward of the B post. It's illegal and will hamper your vision at night through the side windows.

Tint the 2 small rear side and back windows any % you choose.

The police especially around Cheshire are red hot on pulling anything with a tint forward of the B post.

Fines, confiscation of the car or immediate roadside removal are some of the punishments dished out.

If you hit anyone at a junction with front side tints it's dangerous driving and all the heat that comes with it, so don't be a dick and keep it legal.

JMHO of course.

Satan

·
Ooo Matron !
2,014 Posts
My Noble had quite a dark tint (came with the car):

I never had any bother from plod (and I live in Cheshire) for the 6 years I owned it. It looked dark from the outside but vision was fine looking out.

·
Premium Member
5,715 Posts
tints offer good benefits in vanity and also cabin temp in summer. It also looks nice Inhp. I have mine done, front and rear and never had any issues with the police.

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
Do not tint ANYTHING forward of the B post. It's illegal and will hamper your vision at night through the side windows.

Tint the 2 small rear side and back windows any % you choose.

The police especially around Cheshire are red hot on pulling anything with a tint forward of the B post.

Fines, confiscation of the car or immediate roadside removal are some of the punishments dished out.

If you hit anyone at a junction with front side tints it's dangerous driving and all the heat that comes with it, so don't be a dick and keep it legal.

JMHO of course.

Satan
Are the windows on an R35 tinted from factory?

You can tint the front but it has to let 70% of the light through, so for example if the stock windows are tinted and as standard let 90% light through, then the darkest you're allowed to go is a 20% tint

Rears you can go as dark as you want. I wouldn't go limo dark on the rears- years ago I had a BMW with limo tints and at night you couldn't see much, one night I ended up reversing into a tree lol

·
Registered
377 Posts
Gee the OP is asking about tints, next thing he is gonna cause death by reckless driving and have his GTR confiscated and crushed !!! :chuckle:

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Gee the OP is asking about tints, next thing he is gonna cause death by reckless driving and have his GTR confiscated and crushed !!! :chuckle:
To be fair, while this thread does contain a fair amount of jest, there can be legal ramifications from tinting and the OP should be aware, in case he wasn't at the beginning

1 - 20 of 22 Posts