GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Mook - your line wasn't as bad as that "screeching Evo" :)

Anyway, I've learned from Gran Turismo 4 that staying somewhere between the kerbs constitutes achieving a good line at the 'ring :chuckle:

Nice little clip - can't wait to have a go myself sometime - when I grow some balls :eek:

·
6,817 Posts
Mook, you allways drive with the windows open? . . for the hairstyle:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Didnt you have a helmet on?

Ive never been to the Ring but i'm suprised they let people lap with no helmet.

Window open too lol!

None of that allowed at Shakey or the Pod (even though its a different kind of event), its windows closed and sleeves down, even at the height of the summer.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
The Nordschleife is a toll road, not a race track. Normal rules of the road apply.
Maybe so Moleman, but its hardly like speed limits are adhered to :)

Its fair enough if people choose not to wear safety equipment, was just saying that it wouldnt be allowed here.

All well and good having your car flat out round there, until you stick it into the woods with no helmet, roll cage, window open etc..

Nobody thinks it will happen to them, until it does.

·
Real men use a H-Pattern.
12,032 Posts
Maybe so Moleman, but its hardly like speed limits are adhered to :)
I understand what you are saying, it wouldn't be allowed here, but I think you miss the point. The Nordschleife is a "derestricted" toll road. No different to doing 180mph on the autobahn with your window down and without a crash helmet.

All well and good having your car flat out round there, until you stick it into the woods with no helmet, roll cage, window open etc..
Oh, the irony.

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
The ring is a law unto itself, yes its a toll road,
but its open to anyone who is brave enough to drive it.

·
Registered
277 Posts
This may be complete rubbish, but last time i went to the ring, we were told that part of it had a speed limit, the steep downhill bit that goes over the bridge in Adenau where you can see the hotel and just before where Lauda crashed. Apparently ring taxi slows down there a bit and cars have been known to get pulled. Anyone else heard this?

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
I`ve only seen speed limits when there have been people working on the track, and they sometimes have cones to slow you down.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
I understand what you are saying, it wouldn't be allowed here, but I think you miss the point. The Nordschleife is a "derestricted" toll road. No different to doing 180mph on the autobahn with your window down and without a crash helmet.

Oh, the irony.
The irony is all well and good..

How many friends have u lost through motoring accidents?

Ive lost three in this country (UK) so dont take the fu*kin irony p*ss out of me please.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
The irony is all well and good..

How many friends have u lost through motoring accidents?

Ive lost three in this country (UK) so dont take the fu*kin irony p*ss out of me please.
calm down!
You've taken it out of context.
He's referring to this....
>>All well and good having your car flat out round there, until you stick it into the woods with no helmet, roll cage, window open etc..

The irony is you telling a guy who has crashed that he thinks it'll never happen to him.
:D

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Michael Smith (Biffo) aged 21, killed in a car accident (XR3i) 1986

Nigel Boyle (aged 22) killed in motorbike accident 1987

Stuart Lloyd (aged 37) brother of my very good friend Staffie on here killed on the Isle of Mann 3 years ago..

The point i was making was, it doesnt matter a f*ck if its a derestricted road, wear the correct equipment, because if you dont and have a prang, you are much more likely to be f*cked than if you dont.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Sorry Bean, ive lost friends through crashes, some people havent, just dont want to see or hear about it happening to anybody again

When i see vids of people on the Ring with window open and no helmet i just think its irresponsible.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts