GTR Forum banner
21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Moleman, nobody ever thinks it will happen to them....

This is why safety equipment is important, thats the point i was making.

·
Real men use a H-Pattern.
12,036 Posts
the metal can be replaced.
Already has been, with a cage *cough*.

I had a cut on my neck where the harnesses dug in. My girlfriend's nephew - the pensive looking fellow on the right - had a small cut on his head where a stone or bit of glass hit him.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Sorry Bean, ive lost friends through crashes, some people havent, just dont want to see or hear about it happening to anybody again
No-one is arguing with you - especially Moleman looking at those pics....

Sorry to hear about your friends, but glad Moley and co all walked away

·
6,821 Posts
Guys, now Mook is afraid to even reply in his own thread . .:chuckle:

I think what is basic is that IF you go for a hard run on the ring, be aware that if you hit the walls at 100mph, your car might turn 3 or more times around it self, resulting you, punching with your head, your side window . . . as not many of us have full race seats with head protections or side airbacs, it's a guide line to wear a helmet . . .
As for the open window, no problem, but some friends recently had splittered glass flying trough the car with open windows, as a biker crashed before and exploded his bikes wind shield . . . .

But again no paranoia on the ring.

You are absolutely right Leggus to be carefull at all times, regards for your lost friends, racing is allways followed by the danger . . . . .:)

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
I`ve only seen speed limits when there have been people working on the track, and they sometimes have cones to slow you down.

They have a speedlimit in Adenau,when you come down and see the hotel,where the second entry is,only there,i think 50 or 70km/h,sometimes the police is there and makes nice pictures from you(around 50€ each):D .

You need to slow down there,if they want,they can say you are not allowed to drive there anymore on that day,but they normaly don´t do.

@ Moleman: When was that crash?? last year?? 2years ago?? think i remember seeing that car in the carpark in nice condition:smokin:

Alex

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
Ouch, nasty pic !

Moleman - is that you on the left laughing ? Nutter ;)
No thats not Iain (Moleman) thats another GTROC Member obviously vey concerned:chuckle:

He goes by the name Robbie 733.
Be warmed, you`ll get no sympathy from him.

To be fair i expect he was laughing/smiling out of relief, hes a very nice chap really.

·
Administrator
31,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
dear god, what a debate

driving without the helmet is my choice

until you drive the ring you won't understand

the speed at which cars come up from behind and the way bikers turn in meaning perifferal vision is of utmost importance, and a helmet seriously compromises that.

open window is irrelevant, if i roll it its gonna break anyway

seriously, i treated the track with huge respect and stayed within my limits at all times.

better vid on the road to Adenau...

http://www.mperformance.co.uk/sideways_mook.wmv

its all fun :)

mook

·
Administrator
31,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
incredible

driving with my window open on a track and i get a public lashing

driving like a wally on public roads and not a word:chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

;)

mook

·
Administrator
31,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
the thing is, for those that know that road, thats the second of two hairpins, and i did the same thing on the first hairpin, without telling anyone.

lol

so they berated me into doing it again, and had walkie talkies to tell me the road was clear ahead of the clio. i miss germany :(

lol

mook

·
Registered
630 Posts
Nice wee clips - gotta Love The Ring (and surrounding roads :chuckle: )

If pottering round The Ring, then no helmet is fine IMO, but I have resuscitated a Civic TypeR driver who barrel rolled his car down the Foxhole, who is now either dead or severely brain damaged, who if he had a helmet on would have walked away without a scratch (hit his head off top of driver's door causing an intra-cranial bleed :( )

Anyway, I can't really talk about safety as a driver of a screetchy EVO :rolleyes: :chairshot

Cheers ;)

Rog

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
....Anyway, I can't really talk about safety as a driver of a screetchy EVO......
Oops, was that one of our own :eek: Well you were screeching, probably pushing it to the limit eh? - and your wide line was due to overtaking one of those tour buses? ;)

Tell you what, I'll withdraw my comments until I've tried it for myself :D

Sorry Rog!

·
Registered
630 Posts
No worries m8 - that EVO wasn't mine - this is real screetching: http://www.rog.me.uk/Nurburgring 2006 835lap.wmv LOL :D

And I question your comments about staying between the kerbs too LOL :D

Unfortunately I binned my EVO at The Ring in August :chairshot , but will be back...

Take care out there...

Cheers :)

Rog

·
Real men use a H-Pattern.
12,036 Posts
incredible

driving with my window open on a track and i get a public lashing

driving like a wally on public roads and not a word:chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

;)

mook

More irony?

lol

21 - 40 of 50 Posts