GTR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone using tip less racing plugs? I am not keen on using a plug with a tip as having a tip broken pretty much destroyed cylinder 6 on my car. It may have run lean and caused it to break but the tip scored the bore pretty bad.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Tyndago has posted on this a few times, part nos for the NGK tipless race plugs. https://sites.google.com/site/tyndago/rb26dettsparkplugs

Its the Denso/HKS plugs that break. NGK's are fine.

I've got the BKR8EIX in mine currently - strictly they are ISO not JIS length so the contact in the coilpack may not reach down to the tops but you can just pull the spring out a little so it does.

·
Registered
9,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah surface discharge type with out the electrode. I know regular ones work fine, even Denso ones should, but if you can go to the tipless plugs it is one less thing to worry about.

·
Registered
9,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tyndago has posted on this a few times, part nos for the NGK tipless race plugs. https://sites.google.com/site/tyndago/rb26dettsparkplugs

Its the Denso/HKS plugs that break. NGK's are fine.

I've got the BKR8EIX in mine currently - strictly they are ISO not JIS length so the contact in the coilpack may not reach down to the tops but you can just pull the spring out a little so it does.
Thanks for that Alex :)

·
Registered
671 Posts
Yeah surface discharge type with out the electrode. I know regular ones work fine, even Denso ones should, but if you can go to the tipless plugs it is one less thing to worry about.

I wonder if these are any good for street use. NGK writes that these are not to prefer on lower rpm, but these would suit perfect on a pure race engine, but they are overpriced.

I have used the the cheapest ones of the NGK racing plug serie on my EVO but the where still expensive consider that BCPR9ES cost very little and works really great, have it on my RB26 engine and many many other use them also on their engines.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Bolle, aren't you running 1000+bhp? BCPR9ES is WAY WAY to cold for a normal car.

BCPR6ES is fine upto around 450ish BCPR7ES (what I use @540) 500-800ish.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Bolle, aren't you running 1000+bhp? BCPR9ES is WAY WAY to cold for a normal car.

BCPR6ES is fine upto around 450ish BCPR7ES (what I use @540) 500-800ish.
Yes I do but I noticed that even BCPR7ES did not work with 550 hp (flywheel) on my brothers R33 GT-R.

But still, what I meant is that these plugs are just as good as the racing plugs, there is no need to buy expensive plugs.

·
Registered
359 Posts

I get where you were coming from, I am working on something and I want to source the plugs in this picture (or at least rb fittment) my ignition is up to it but NGK's website is very time consuming, do you know any part numbers?
Yes I appreciate this thread is over a year old, still relevant though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts