GTR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
can someone please explain , in plain terms, the pros and cons of tiptronic. Are all R34 gtt tiptronic and if so, what are they like to drive.
Not being that mechanical minded this tiptronic stuff is doing my head in.
Sorry for the dumb questions but if you don't know then it is best to ask eh.
Looking forward to seeing some of you at Donington tomorrow and if anyone asks you about tiptronic!!!!!!!!!! that will be me:) :)
cheers guys
arnie:wavey:

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
I always thought Tiptronic is a fancy modern version of "Auto Stick"

Basically it is ability to select your gear using + and - instead of pulling it down from D, 3, 2, and 1 gear on an automatic. Basically it looks better.

This is only for "normal tiptronic", does not count for DSG, SMG, and CVT.

If anyone else know something about tiptronic that I thought wrong, please let me know also.

·
6,821 Posts
The R34 GTT Tronic is not one of the fastest, but also not crap slow. . . . the german systhems are quicker. It is not diffrent from a normal semi-automatic. shifter +- on other cars (just quicker).
No special abilities as keeping the rpms during the shift process . . .
No shift panels, up and down shifting is on the steering wheel it self. Very relax to drive in the city (especially Japan), useless on the track.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hi all,
can someone please explain , in plain terms, the pros and cons of tiptronic. Are all R34 gtt tiptronic and if so, what are they like to drive.
Not being that mechanical minded this tiptronic stuff is doing my head in.
Sorry for the dumb questions but if you don't know then it is best to ask eh.
Looking forward to seeing some of you at Donington tomorrow and if anyone asks you about tiptronic!!!!!!!!!! that will be me:) :)
cheers guys
arnie:wavey:
My GTT is manual.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
ive driven a tiptronic, I did not like it when I wanted to give some.
It didnt change down when I wanted to and not as fast as I would with a trusty manual.

A fact: the only good tiptronics on the market that work properly is the late ferrari's.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts