GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have some 305/30/20's and I just notice that there is a crack line between my treads on the inside. Is it safe? I don't track, just regular street use.

The tire is Pirelli Pzero MC1.

thx.:runaway:

·
Registered
924 Posts
Hi all,

I have some 305/30/20's and I just notice that there is a crack line between my treads on the inside. Is it safe? I don't track, just regular street use.

The tire is Pirelli Pzero MC1.

thx.:runaway:
I guess it's not what you want to hear but, on a car than can and possibly will do silly speeds, I just wouldn't risk a catastrophic failure.

Not saying it would happen, just could happen and IF it did you would kick yourself, assuming you lived to tell the tale, for not changing it.

Risk v reward not good on this one I think.

That is why most caravans have blow outs, it's perishing due to age normally.

JMHO of course

Good Luck

Satan

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess it's not what you want to hear but, on a car than can and possibly will do silly speeds, I just wouldn't risk a catastrophic failure.

Not saying it would happen, just could happen and IF it did you would kick yourself, assuming you lived to tell the tale, for not changing it.

JMHO of course

Good Luck

Satan
Hi Satan,

thx for the reply. Yes, looks like the crack is spreading in a circle. If I was the only driver I guess I would have risked it as its a daily driver to work, but the mrs often takes it to work (whilst I commute) so that's the risk factor I'm not willing to take.

Oh well, looks like it will bite the dust. The other tire looks fine without the crack. :rolleyes:

Looks like 285/285 square or 285/295 MPSS's. :bawling::squintdan

·
Premium Member
5,888 Posts

JMHO of course

Good Luck

Satan
+1 not worth the risk for a few quid

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
they say they can't do anything. :chairshot

Probably just get a new tire to replace it then. :(

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,888 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
Hi Satan,

thx for the reply. Yes, looks like the crack is spreading in a circle. If I was the only driver I guess I would have risked it as its a daily driver to work, but the mrs often takes it to work (whilst I commute) so that's the risk factor I'm not willing to take.

Oh well, looks like it will bite the dust. The other tire looks fine without the crack. :rolleyes:

Looks like 285/285 square or 285/295 MPSS's. :bawling::squintdan
As others have said, go the 275 / 305 route.

Car is very well balanced and extra grip at the rear where the power is most of the time.

I don't feel any under steer but to be honest a little is safer when your not 100% on it.

Satan.

·
Registered
101 Posts
285/295 gets used a lot in states but here 275/305 is the most popular if you want to go wider than stock sizes.

·
Registered
101 Posts
That car has the 11" (0.5") wider gram lights FXX rims.

Are yours stock rims?

Ps those Volk rays rims do look nice on that blue Dba GTR.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I personally would go as wide as 305 and even those I thought looked abit fat and over tyre'd. Hope it works out mate.

Are you going for MPSS tyres?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Yeh mpss,i havent bought them yet might go for litchfield setup instead, still got a bit of life left in the current ones.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Have you seen 275/305 MPSS in person yet? Plenty of cars at litchfields on this set up.

If you haven't seen them then it will be worth taking a look before going for 285/335

1 - 20 of 33 Posts