GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, this morning i went out am my tire pressure moniter said i had low pressure on my front left tire :eek:. it was at 155kpa and the other were 158kpa on rear and 158kpa on right front and 159kpa rear. only the front left is saying its low. i drove to work and all the tire pressure rose to 180kpa ish (about 3miles away). so i know theres no puncher. My question to you such helpful peepsis, What are you Tire pressure Cold on your car and hot (on average) ?????????

Cold (at -3 C this morning) :eek:
Front Left = 155kpa.............Front Right = 158kpa
Rear Left = 158kpa...............Rear Right = 159kpa

Hot ( After drive for and hr or on motorway)
Front Left = 200kpa.............Front Right = 210kpa
Rear Left = 205kpa...............Rear Right = 205kpa

I can get as much as 10 kpa differnece between fronts, and the lowest figures i have a had on cold ar as above, and hot figures are averages

Please contribute peeps

Simpless

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
Your front tyre is 6.5 PSI low, cold should be 29PSI.

Mine were bang on 200KPa (29PSI) when changed a couple of months ago at approx 13 degrees C. They are now at 180KPa (26PSI) cold -3 degrees C rising to 205 (30PSI) after 12 miles. The cold weather clearly has quite an effect on tyre pressures.

Pump yours up ASAP...

·
Registered
376 Posts
Mine pretty much the same - set bang on 200kpa all round then recently 180-185 when stone cold and 200-210 after a trip to work on the motorway.

My understanding of using 100% N2 to fill the tyres was so that they were less affected by temperature than 'air' (78% N2) - wonder if other tyres are affected more?

·
Registered
760 Posts
Mine were at around 200kpa when cold in summer, rising to around 220kpa on motorway run. Recent cold weather saw 175-180kpa when cold, so just got them inflated with N2 to 2 bar (200kpa?) all round yesterday - local tyre place did it for free.

For future reference, tyre pressures should be on a sticker on the trailing edge of your driver's door.

Cheers

·
Registered
183 Posts
My drivers right and passenger rear drop to about 23PSI...been topping up with standard air and when weather gets better, will retop with N2.....normal behaviour of N2 in cold weather....just keep those tires warm :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts