GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just bought 4 pc brand new bridgestone re-01(for japan only) 265/35/18 for my r33.

can u guys get it in uk?
will post some pic on the board later on.

michael.
:p

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
re-01

hello dcd,

after using re-01, no more tramlining...much more stable going straight BUT the grip is not COMPARABLE to my previous tires - ADVAN TNR045. now i need to reduce my cornering speed and brake much sooner......sxxt......

oh well.....time to drift .......... :eek:
i hope they'll work better after 500km run in.....

michael

·
Registered
9,546 Posts
97 GTR VSPEC....Well you shouldn't really compare ADVAN TNR045 with RE-01s. The Yokohamas are semi-slicks!! As your next tyre you should try either the Dunlop D01J or the Bridgestones Potenza RE540S...the latter being the first choice for sports cars here in Japan. You will find the compound is slightly softer that the YH and will warm up faster..not to mention the added grip!
I know what yu mean about the reduced tramlining!! I have chaged from my original RE040s to YH DNA GPs and the difference is amazing!! Not as much grip...but hey who cares!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
right tires

hello dino...

i was going to put D01-J on my 18x10 avs model 5 rims but the tires are not wide enough for the rim (also 265/35/18).....dat's why i chose the TNR045 last time

dunno bout the diff. between D01-j & TNr045 but all the fast cars in hk use D01-J....TNR is kinda less popular.....

all r compound tires are not as wide as street tire, correct?
i better try 540s next time.

michael.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dino,

we hv no problem using r tires in hk.....except on rainy days...

not sure if the tire shop stock any 265/35/18 540s...i must try putting them on my rim b4 buying them......

why don't you put r tire on your r34???
r tire is much better......heheheheh.......i love them.

michael

·
Registered
9,546 Posts
Sure they are great...up until the point it starts raining:D
I might get separate wheels for track use....when I have more money to blow away!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
re-01 compound

take my car out last nite again..........hard driving.....tire compound is softer than my previous tnr045.....surprised.....

they're getting better.....maybe the nite b4 they were just too new....

not as disappointed ...... hehehe...

michael.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts